How Much Will You Be Paying For Your Christmas Turkey?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Extravagance, we couldn't afford bread, we smeared dripping on our hand and licked it off.

We were dead posh then.
I confess.....we did have to nick it from the local Co-op.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
We're going to my parents, they get a local free range one but I don't know how much they are. We used to eat the turkey for a week, mum would just keep it in the front porch as it was "freezing" out there, but probbaly not much below 10 degrees so I'm surprised any of us are still alive. I do think that Turkey gets a bad rep. for being dry, often becasue people blast them in the oven for 2.5 hours and then serve. Mum has always cooked hers in the Rayburn at about 130C for 6 hours, then a blast in the electric oven to crisp the skin, then let it rest before carving. Always comes out moist and wonderful

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We used to eat the turkey for a week, mum would just keep it in the front porch as it was "freezing" out there, but probbaly not much below 10 degrees so I'm surprised any of us are still alive.
Same here.
Ours was in the garage with a thin sheet of foil across the top.
Im sure the mice would nibble it.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Last year I had home made chicken stew for dinner and bananas and custard for pudding
not too sure what I'll be having this year, but it will be something quick and easy.

I think we had a frozen turkey last Christmas when we cooked for 15. No-one could tell, even the 'chef' that came. It's a bloody turkey, it's hardly the most exciting 'meat' - I'd rather have a good beef joint.

I'm of the same opinion as you. Although good quality turkey cooked well is rather nice, it's still too much like chicken.

Mum and I had a tomahawk steak last year. :hungry:

Top Bottom