How Much Will You Be Paying For Your Christmas Turkey?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We have a crown in the freezer from last year so that will do us .

Here's one for you...

Take the meat off the bone - you'll have two breasts so two joints. Butterfly out each breast, fill with a stuffing of choice (sage & onion, cranberry & orange, whatever floats your boat), roll up, and then roll up in bacon. You may need to string each joint, but that's easy.

Then 20 mins per 450g plus an extra 15 to 20 depending on your oven.

Leave to rest before slicing.

Bones go for stock, and a good pot of soup.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Although good quality turkey cooked well is rather nice, it's still too much like chicken.

I do tend to agree, but I love leftover turkey and gammon pie, so happy to have turkey for the leftover bounty, and I do cook it well.

Jody

Stubborn git
You had dripping - it's not cheap in a supermarket these days.

Imagine my horror when a colleague asked me to get him a dripping and salt sarnie from the shop. Didn't even know it was a thing.

£2.50 for some lard on a breadcake :ohmy:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Seriously.....not to put a dampner on things as I have enjoyed this thread BUT I have literally just realised that I have no idea what I will be eating. 1st time in 55 years I will be on my own**.
For some reason a nice, thick gamon steak comes to mind or maybe (as Vickster) a salmon en croute.
**I could be with my daughter and family but think I will prefer to chill in peace :rolleyes:

Drago

Legendary Member
My ex wife was such a bad cook that one year me and her brother left the table and went to KFC for our Christmas Dinner. She wasn't happy at all! Probably why she slept around behind my back but hey ho.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Seriously.....not to put a dampner on things as I have enjoyed this thread BUT I have literally just realised that I have no idea what I will be eating. 1st time in 55 years I will be on my own**.
For some reason a nice, thick gamon steak comes to mind or maybe (as Vickster) a salmon en croute.
**I could be with my daughter and family but think I will prefer to chill in peace :rolleyes:

I think your family will want you there with them at least for the meal surely?

I'm sure this one came up in a thread last year, but anyways....
1702004760506.jpeg

The contents and the picture on the tin are slightly mismatched, but I've no doubt it'll be delicious. I also believe in Santa.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Oooh, now you're talking! :hungry:

Pie & mash kind of pie? Or a hand-raised hot water crust pastry kind of pie with a really good jelly?

Either easy just a puff pastry top with turkey ham leeks and mushrooms or sometime individual ones for party buffet with short crust base and a puff top. They might even get half a pig in blanket and a dab of cranberry sauce in them too!

I do have a dolly to raise a HWC through

Top Bottom