How much would you spend on an aftershave?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I do like my odour toilets. The most I've spent is about 30 quid for 100ml. There are some really good ones out there for £10-15 as well. The cheaper ones don't last very long, i.e after an hour you can't smell them that much.

I still buy Blue Stratos sometimes, only a fiver. And I've always loved Brut and old spice.

cheshirerob

No one forces you to buy it, just get a bar of coal tar from Home Bargains :okay: or a tin of creosote from Wickes if you want to smell ‘manly’ xx(

Only weighing up the retail cost justifications.

Being a builder I generally smell “manly” most late afternoons 😄

My particular fragrance of choice is viktor&rolf spicebomb, smells like tobacco, alcohol and trees, although the label probably says something more catchy/jazzy/pouty.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I do like my odour toilets. The most I've spent is about 30 quid for 100ml. There are some really good ones out there for £10-15 as well. The cheaper ones don't last very long, i.e after an hour you can't smell them that much.

I still buy Blue Stratos sometimes, only a fiver. And I've always loved Brut and old spice.

Brut and Old Spice won't smell like they did in the 60s, elf'n safety has banned the interesting raw materials. Buy a bar of Imperial Leather soap and you'll be disappointed at the loss of quality.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Collecting fragrances is one of my many other hobbies.

I started collecting in February 2018 and my last purchase was just over a year ago in November 2019.
Total spent: £7 077.70 (Yes Really!)

It quickly adds up when you get into niches like Creed.

Keep those expensive perfumes in a fridge to slow down the oxidation.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Having just retired from that industry I'll give you an idea of the costs involved in that £110 bottle:

Assuming 100 gms contents:

7 percent perfume oil about £1.00
Ethanol and emollients, UV stabiliser about, I dunno, 50p
Packaging a couple of quid
And so on.

Robbery
Also, of that £110 sale price -

£18.33 is VAT leaving £91.67
Retailer markup is 50% leaving £45.83
Wholesaler markup is 30% leaving £32.08

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Brut and Old Spice won't smell like they did in the 60s, elf'n safety has banned the interesting raw materials. Buy a bar of Imperial Leather soap and you'll be disappointed at the loss of quality.
I bought some Old Spice last year. I thought it was just me who thought it didn't smell like it did in the 1970's. 🧐

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You've put me right off!:unsure:
I'm still gonna buy it if the sample smells nice. Ok,it's 'robbery',but according to the bloke in the video i posted earlier,it was the favourite fragrance of the creator of James Bond,Ian Fleming. What the heck,get it bought man!🧐 You only live twice once!:whistle:

A 100ml bottle at £60 will last me around 14 to 16 months. Which works out at about a pound a week....i think.🤔

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Yes I like to smell gently nice, nothing wrong with that. It's not a daily thing, but I've spent some sums on some nice, unobtrusive scents which are used with a bit of care. Most days when I shave I like DR Harris pink aftershave, it's very mild and rose water like. When it's noticed by others (which if they aren't intimate is very rare) they say it's really pleasant. If my partner gets close enough to kiss, it seems to provoke an animalistic reaction.

I've got a like for Penhaligons too, just a tiny dab of Blenheim Bouquet is lovely.

I'm not into High Street / mainstream / heavily advertised mens perfumes, they're always way too overbearing.

I can personally confirm that the Prince of Wales likes Floris, it was always in our travelling kit for his trips abroad so that he could top up. I'm not a fan personally, it's powdery dry and heavy.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
&2.99 for a can of GT85. Job done. :okay:
I do like the smell of GT85 and WD40. Not only those but
1606954385453.png

and

1606954510253.png
:becool:

Top Bottom