How much would you spend on an aftershave?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
£2.99 buys enough Brut 33 to last for a year of bird pulling.
How is the turkey cull going?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I fancied some Floris No 89 Eau de Toilette after hearing about it on a You Tube video.
I've seen a 100 ml bottle on fleabay for £66. I might not like it that much,so i've ordered a 1.5 ml sample for £4.50. I'll try it and if it's nice i'll buy the 100 ml bottle.
View attachment 561336
I believe that's the stuff Prince Charles uses so you'll have a whiff of royalty about you or would that be The Royle Family? :smile:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Last edited:
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member

Venod

Eh up
I never buy aftershave but get enough bought at Christmas and birthday s to last all year, are they trying to tell me something.

cheshirerob

Having just retired from that industry I'll give you an idea of the costs involved in that £110 bottle:

Assuming 100 gms contents:

7 percent perfume oil about £1.00
Ethanol and emollients, UV stabiliser about, I dunno, 50p
Packaging a couple of quid
And so on.

Robbery

The rest of the cost must be on the daft adverts, in a meadow, desert or on a boat in the med, with celebrities chatting meaningless half sentences and pouting fish lips

vickster

Legendary Member
The rest of the cost must be on the daft adverts, in a meadow, desert or on a boat in the med, with celebrities chatting meaningless half sentences and pouting fish lips
No one forces you to buy it, just get a bar of coal tar from Home Bargains :okay: or a tin of creosote from Wickes if you want to smell ‘manly’ xx(

Top Bottom