How much would you spend on an aftershave?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I didn't bother with the Floris No 89 (60 quid). I decided after a few hours of wearing some of the sample that it smelt flowery/lavenderish and more like an old ladies perfume than a man's fragrancešŸ‘Ž. Instead i bought a 100ml bottle of Aramis (country) Devin for Ā£22.

It's an eau de cologne,which is supposed to be not as long lasting as eau de toilette,but i sprayed some on at 12.30 this afternoon and i can still smell it 10 and a half hours later,even though i've had a shower since.

Last edited:
Nothing that what families are for. Expecting me to use is their problem.

postman

Legendary Member
What on earth was in it?
I do have a bottle of Tabac from very early 80s - not touched it for decades - should I call the bomb squad/report myself to MI5 before they bash the door in?
Tabac was my favourite.But Mrs P stopped me from using it.It seemed it was her dad's favourite also.So now I have a selection of Dove products plus my favourite talc Imperial Leather and a spray of Aramis for best.I really would like to splash out on something fancy but no where to go out at the moment.

postman

Legendary Member
I saw an advert with David Beckham pushing fragrance for men. He had a beard, so it can't even be described as aftershave. Not unless he uses it on his bollocks, which I wouldn't rule out.
I would rather cover myself in creosote than buy anything associated with the Beckham brand.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I would rather cover myself in creosote than buy anything associated with the Beckham brand.

I hear ya - but the body sprays from Beck's & Co do smell rather nice and are more than cheap enough for daily use.

postman

Legendary Member
I hear ya - but the body sprays from Beck's & Co do smell rather nice and are more than cheap enough for daily use.
Have you got any names for the fragrances.I might have been a bit sharp with the reply post.He was a good footballer in a good team.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Have you got any names for the fragrances.I might have been a bit sharp with the reply post.He was a good footballer in a good team.

Instinct / Instinct Sport / Respect / Homme, available from Morrisons/Boots.

Also, if you like a heavier body spray the Ted Baker range (Boots) are nice too - particularly Vintage Amber; based on a sample of one (Lovely Wife) this fragrance drives women wild. ^_^

postman

Legendary Member
Instinct / Instinct Sport / Respect / Homme, available from Morrisons/Boots.

Also, if you like a heavier body spray the Ted Baker range (Boots) are nice too - particularly Vintage Amber; based on a sample of one (Lovely Wife) this fragrance drives women wild. ^_^
Thank you.

during my time as a teacher I was allocated to teach Business Studies a couple of times - I had worked in a big business so clearly I was qualified - schools work like that
Anyway - I read up on a few things and found out some things about marketing

e.g. the term 'After Shave' was coined by a marketing person who was trying to find a way of increasing the sales of Eau-de-Toilette - the market for women was just about maxed out - they just had to fight for market share .
But men didn't buy anything like that because it was for women. But call it After Shave and tell the women that it is what real men wear and off you go - a whole new market sector to offloads the high profit stuff into - and initially the stuff they called After Shave was the cheaper stuff that most women would never go near!

Dunno if it is true - but it's a good story if I have remembered it right!

stephec

Legendary Member
Tabac was my favourite.But Mrs P stopped me from using it.It seemed it was her dad's favourite also.So now I have a selection of Dove products plus my favourite talc Imperial Leather and a spray of Aramis for best.I really would like to splash out on something fancy but no where to go out at the moment.
Considering your quality standard of jokes I can't believe that you didn't tell us about the cowboy who wore Aramis. šŸ˜‚

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Thread revival time.

Am I going nose blind? I put 'pricey' smells on but I can't smell them after applying. Neither can I smell other folks fragrances (providing they're wearing one). šŸ¤”

Top Bottom