How much would you spend on an aftershave?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Loss of smell was one of the early covid version symptoms!

But I haven't lost my sense of smell. I can sniff at unworn since washing clothes I washed many months ago and still smell the fabric conditioner.🤔

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I think if you can conciously smell and identify other people's fragrances then probably you're either too close or they're wearing too much. It's more of a subtle aura they should be giving out, almost subliminal. I can smell my own aftershave but I think that's mainly because I'm wearing a mask all day. And don't compensate for a loss of smell by putting more on, there was a bloke at work in his 70s who used to do that with a fairly cheap deodorant spray and you could hardly be in the same room as him. I guess if he used a nicer cologne it would have been better...

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
My dad used to overdo the after shave. He'd walk into a room and flies within a 20ft radius would drop dead.

I'm very conscious of not putting too much on. Currently using Boss, Maxime Icon (Avon) and Eucris (Ian Fleming's preference and Bond apparently wore it). All gifts. The Eucris was about ÂŁ60.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
What is aftershave?
It’s for the same crowd who have watch collections, drink at the nineteenth hole, own a ”stable” of bikes (FFS), or who dream gently of football as they fall asleep. If you’re reading this and you tick all four boxes, put me on ”Ignore” now!

My filthy tribe don’t scent themselves. And I’m so glad. I find smelling someone else rather repulsive - must I really be subject to a civet cat’s anal gland secretions and a chemical cocktail to satisfy their ego? No thanks.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
in answer to the question in the thread title...

feck all!

apart from a brief moment of pain, what's the actual point of it?

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I sometimes wear Joop! Because it reminds me of my student days, it was my first proper scent as a 17th birthday present. It's quite cheap, not too overpowering and lasts for quite a while. Some scents naturally smell orrible to some and nice to others, it depends on the person wearing it and is to do with one's natural pheromones I think.

I loved blue stratos because it reminds me of my Dad, likewise Brut and old spice. They are all cheap as chips. But I generally spend about ÂŁ20 for 100-125 ml

Top Bottom