How much!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I spotted that one as well. We'll have yenrod back next!

Easy now Bollo...

Tynan

Veteran
Hey.. you can't just come sneakin' back like that.

Good to see you Back Ty...
howdy, I'm three and a half weeks into recovering from a ruptured patella tendon
and I'm so bloody bored I'm reduced to posting on here again, that and realising that watching the highlights of the 2012 tdf was not good prep for the velo fantasy tdf thingy

signed off for three months so i for one am well chuffed at full coverage

yes, i did pay for a whole new swiss/hope rear wheel a week before my mishap, sigh

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
howdy, I'm three and a half weeks into recovering from a ruptured patella tendon
and I'm so bloody bored I'm reduced to posting on here again, that and realising that watching the highlights of the 2012 tdf was not good prep for the velo fantasy tdf thingy

yes, i did pay for a whole new swiss/hope rear wheel a week before my mishap, sigh
Ouch, :hugs:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

GWS @Tynan! That is going to be one fugly scar.

Sandra6

Veteran
I used to be of the same mind as the op - "how much?!"
But I can honestly say you get what you pay for.
If you want to buy three of four tops/shorts a year, go cheap. If you want your kit to last a few years go expensive.
I'm not convinced castelli is the brand to go for though - their sizing is really off, and some of their tops are positively flimsy.
There are plenty of midrange brands like endura and altura though.
As for the mark up, now that I have to buy these things in for work, I know how much is being made on them by the shop, and it's not a lot at all actually.

screenman

Legendary Member
I used to be of the same mind as the op - "how much?!"
But I can honestly say you get what you pay for.
If you want to buy three of four tops/shorts a year, go cheap. If you want your kit to last a few years go expensive.
I'm not convinced castelli is the brand to go for though - their sizing is really off, and some of their tops are positively flimsy.
There are plenty of midrange brands like endura and altura though.
As for the mark up, now that I have to buy these things in for work, I know how much is being made on them by the shop, and it's not a lot at all actually.

Also I hope you get to know how much the shop needs each week just to open.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Didn't know you had to be bored to post on here? Been doing it wrong all this time.

Nah, you're fine. You're quite good at boring. :okay:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

..tis but a scratch dear boy.

Tynan

Veteran
it goes all the way down to the bone as well of course, and i strongly advise you not to google the op pictures for a ruptured patella tendon, I did when someone suggested the French surgeons had been rather cavalier with the scalpels, pin hole surgery this one is not

Last edited:

oldroadman

Veteran
My late mother had a knee replacement, pinhole it cannot be. Lots of highly skilled body mechanical work to be done and it needs a bot of room. Having seen a replacement recently it's only a marginally smaller scar. tendon work can need even more room. It'll be a cracking scar, one of those "you should see the other bloke" ones! Heal well :okay:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Top Bottom