How much?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Takeaway pizzas..... From the likes of Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns etc.
The biggest rip off prices of all takeaways.
It’s why you can always get buy one get one free.
Once you have bought one pizza and paid the company overheads, the cost of making a second one is pence.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Exotic chefs' knives with unpronounceable Japanese names. They really creep out of the woodwork around Christmas time. Rather like those mind-bogglingly expensive corkscrews used to do back in the 1980s.

Multi blade cartridge razors, from the likes of Gillette and Wilkinson Sword can be just as ludicrously overpriced as some electric shavers.

I can recomend old fashioned 'safety' razors: cheaper than the modern tat and a far better shave, although it takes a bit of practice at first.

Having a goatee halps of course...

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
According to an online inflation calculator, £4 in 1976 equates to £27.96 today
Yeah, so the prices aren't that different then, relatively speaking. I have bought a few new albums recently and have paid between £15 and £22 for them. Also some come with a code for internet download as well, which old albums never did.

Smudge

Veteran
I can recomend old fashioned 'safety' razors: cheaper than the modern tat and a far better shave, although it takes a bit of practice at first.

Having a goatee halps of course...

Yep, i said earlier in this thread i use a de razor occasionally.

Kempstonian

Wow, I'm sitting on a gold mine! Though whether the Kate Bush "Kick Inside " is worth anything is a mute question with a 10mm warp in it!
lol... I recently bought a mint copy for a fiver! Some vinyl albums are very valuable, but not many. Condition is everything, even with the scarce ones. Just because its old doesn't mean its worth much.

btw don't go on ebay asking prices. Some people want silly money for them. Check how much they actually sell for, not how much people are asking!

Smudge

Veteran
In the 70's, i was constantly trading in my vinyl to a secondhand record shop so i could buy the latest stuff. Such was the higher price of music in those days. Especially to a cash strapped teen living in a bedsit.
Then in the mid to late 80's, i got rid of all my vinyl and moved onto CD..... although i had all sorts of limited edition and picture disc stuff. But the world moves on and i've never been one for hoarding stuff.
Never in a million years would i have believed that vinyl would make a comeback !

classic33

Leg End Member
lol... I recently bought a mint copy for a fiver! Some vinyl albums are very valuable, but not many. Condition is everything, even with the scarce ones. Just because its old doesn't mean its worth much.

btw don't go on ebay asking prices. Some people want silly money for them. Check how much they actually sell for, not how much people are asking!
How much for an origional "78", in paper sleeve. Count John McCormick, 1928.

Kempstonian

How much for an origional "78", in paper sleeve. Count John McCormick, 1928.
No idea mate but I could ask the guy on the record stall next Friday if you like.

btw Isn't it Count John McCormack?

EDIT: Update... I just called the record guy and unfortunately its not worth anything much. Sorry about that!

Last edited:
Top Bottom