How much?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ink cartridges. What a horrible price. They practically give the printers away. The cartridges are where they make the money. If you need to change the cartridge, it is nearly cheaper to throw the printer away and buy a new one.
I went with hp instant ink plan 1.99 a month for 50 pages if you dont use them they roll over to following month. Works out a lot better as before I'd buy more ink (or a new printer) and wife and son would print out useless junk 30 quid of ink would last a couple of months! I think the new printer came with 2 half full cartridges and 3 months free instant ink subscription

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I went with hp instant ink plan 1.99 a month for 50 pages if you dont use them they roll over to following month. Works out a lot better as before I'd buy more ink (or a new printer) and wife and son would print out useless junk 30 quid of ink would last a couple of months! I think the new printer came with 2 half full cartridges and 3 months free instant ink subscription

Sounds like an excellent idea.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Because through mankind the celebration of transition (birth, adulthood, marriage,death etc) is helpeful both for the individual and society. The individual benefits from announcing they are now taking on a new role. Obviously less so with death, but all transitions help the immediate society transition as their roles may change so although you may not benefit, it will help those close to you.

However, your life, your rules. But by the same token, you’ll have little control over what they do when you’re dead.
Mrs SJ and I both feel the same about such things, so no problem. We've been to too many funerals to hold any regard for them.

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
They aren't really that expensive. The Hotel California lp was £4 when it came out in 1976, so what would that be today?

In 1976 the Eagles Hotel California album cost £4. People only earned about £10 a week then.

I'm currently buying almost mint second hand LPs for around a fiver from a guy who runs a record stall on the market every Friday.

Yer, suppose that’s true. But I can remember back when CD’s were first introduced as the super indestructible material and we were charged 15 quid for the privilege of owning something which would last a lifetime!!. Retailers were struggling to give vinyl away. A few years later and I could pick up a pack of 20 blank cds for £4.99!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Kids shoes. They last for 4 months before they grow out of them.
School shoes are tricky. We have experimented with the cheap route and the expensive route.
We are happy with the additional life span and quality you get from a decent pair of shoe shoes with the proper fitting and width sizing. But you can easily pay £50 for a pair that only last a term and a half.
The really cheap ones can fall to bits after a few weeks.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
They aren't really that expensive. The Hotel California lp was £4 when it came out in 1976, so what would that be today?

In 1976 the Eagles Hotel California album cost £4. People only earned about £10 a week then.

I'm currently buying almost mint second hand LPs for around a fiver from a guy who runs a record stall on the market every Friday.
I bought Born in the USA, on LP. My first proper music purchase in ‘84.
It cost more than £10, over 30 years ago. I remember buying it at Our Price and saved for ages.

School shoes are tricky. We have experimented with the cheap route and the expensive route.
We are happy with the additional life span and quality you get from a decent pair of shoe shoes with the proper fitting and width sizing. But you can easily pay £50 for a pair that only last a term and a half.
Yep £50 a pop and some years it’s 3 or 4 replacements of school, plimsoles, smart shoes, trainers. We’re lucky we can afford it but it’s excessive and I can imagine it can be a struggle.

Are people on c. C aware that clarks do an unpublicised childrens fit guarentee and will replace any shoes that wear out before the child has grown out if them.. As little v used to lots of walking to childminders and school... We had several free replacement pairs out them ovet the years

Last edited:

Smudge

Veteran
Takeaway pizzas..... From the likes of Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns etc.
The biggest rip off prices of all takeaways.

midlife

Guru
Takeaway pizzas..... From the likes of Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns etc.
The biggest rip off prices of all takeaways.

My daughter knows every trick in the book to get takeaway pizza a lot cheaper than the advertised price....

midlife

Guru
I guess there will be a smartphone involved in that somewhere.

Promotions, codes when ordering etc . She tells me nobody in their right minds would pay the outrageous prices demanded by Domino's........ Unless they ae on the way back from the pub or ordering from home after a few beers!

Top Bottom