How much?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Watching a television commercial the other day I had a 'How much?' moment.

I've been on casual lookout for a decent electric shaver, the last one I had wasn't brilliant and conked out years ago.

As a Tottenham fan, an advert featuring our player Eric Dier for a Braun shaver caught my eye.

Until I saw the price - £189, and that was supposedly reduced.

You'd need to be on a professional footballer's wage to afford one of those.

Perhaps I'm out of touch, a quick scan of the Argos website shows they have several electric shavers at more than £200.

Have you ever been shocked at the price of something?

https://www.argos.co.uk/search/electric-shaver/opt/sort:price:desc/

midlife

Guru
Vet bills......

Smudge

Veteran
Finding a decent leccy shaver that suits my face, has been the holy grail for me. I've spent a fortune on them over the years (foil and rotary) and always return to wet shaving with a razor.
But the best i have come across, have been the the Panasonic foil razors. They have an ultra fast linear motor and the very sharp blades cut the hair better and more cleanly than the Braun's i've had.
But as always with shaving stuff, what suits some wont suit others.

screenman

Legendary Member
Fags, they were 32p a packet for Dunhill when I packed up. As a business owner I tend to see the cost involved with running a business and sell a product and sometimes wonder how do they make a profit, often they do not.

Smudge

Veteran
Multi blade cartridge razors, from the likes of Gillette and Wilkinson Sword can be just as ludicrously overpriced as some electric shavers.
Also, Doc Marten's boots...... way too expensive, seeing as most of them are now made in the far east.
And dont get me started on anything Apple.

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Dyson - everythings :thumbsdown:

Apparently the shyte bag thinks his new motor and cordless vac are the future.
His prices certainly are,about 20 years into the future.
£500 for a 2yr life battery vac!!
I say 2 year as the salesman said its got a 2 year warranty..on the battery.

Oh ok ill look at something with a cable then Ta

Top Bottom