How much?????????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RaRa

D

drop me a PM with any questions/concerns you have

Clive

Thanks for the offer :smile: In the end I just clicked enter anyway so I've gone and done it now :ohmy:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm curious to know what the facilities are like at the camp sites, how many folk are scrabbling for how many bogs and showers at the end of the day?

I'm curious to know what the facilities are like at the camp sites, how many folk are scrabbling for how many bogs and showers at the end of the day?
Facilities were good. On average 24 showers from Posh Showers at each base camp so there were queues depending on what time you get back but not too long, bogs again were good with a mixture of posh loos and typical portaloos.

Rushy548

My lad's just finished LEJOG in 9 days with a mate for charity, I followed him as support from Lancashire onwards and I probably spent £200 or so all told, including food & fuel. In fairness they did get free board and lodgings at Wetherspoons lodges and Travelodge, but even if they had to pay it wouldn't have touched the price Deloitte are charging.

Graham 26

Hi, I'm fairly new to cycling and getting into it more. I found a website doing the LEJOG for about £800. He's cut back on a lot of the extras that increase the costs and it'll be for a group of eight and it is still supported. They're called great-bear-tours, I don't know anyone who's done it with them but I've now signed up for next September, so a lot of training starting now.

Rushy548

Hi, I'm fairly new to cycling and getting into it more. I found a website doing the LEJOG for about £800. He's cut back on a lot of the extras that increase the costs and it'll be for a group of eight and it is still supported. They're called great-bear-tours, I don't know anyone who's done it with them but I've now signed up for next September, so a lot of training starting now.

That sounds decent value, good luck!

karl61

i had a look at the great bear tours, looks decent enough, i'm planning lejog for next august( supported by a work colleague) but if that falls through this looks a good option.

Graham

It's easy to give Deloitte a pasting, but the event is actually organised by a company owned by James Cracknell, no less (see website). I'd be surprised if Deloitte are actually making anything out of it - just the press exposure as lead sponsor. The 'profit' on £1,750 x 800 is jack to a massive firm like them.

Graham 26

i had a look at the great bear tours, looks decent enough, i'm planning lejog for next august( supported by a work colleague) but if that falls through this looks a good option.
Good luck with the training. Hope it works out how you want it to! I weighed it all up...costs, size of group etc...and for me personally this one just looked right.

spinningspen

'They must have more money than sense!' I cannot believe how much they are charging for this: www.rideacrossbritain.com.:rolleyes:

I charged the guys on our ride £300 each(and to raise as much as they could for the foundation) and we didn't lose out on costs (we got the back up vans donated) so that covered accomodation & fuel.

Do it yourselves guys it's more satisfying trying to collate it all!!! Honestly :rolleyes: Tony

'They must have more money than sense!' I cannot believe how much they are charging for this: www.rideacrossbritain.com.:rolleyes:

I charged the guys on our ride £300 each(and to raise as much as they could for the foundation) and we didn't lose out on costs (we got the back up vans donated) so that covered accomodation & fuel.

Do it yourselves guys it's more satisfying trying to collate it all!!! Honestly :rolleyes: Tony
I agree with Wintonbina...do it yourself,All you need is time to plan it all out,write down your route each day,a decent bike ,plenty of good food and....oh some fitness!!,,,i did LeJog solo in June over 7 days and although the weather was poor most of the time,the sense of achievement at JoG was so,so satisfying...and the whole trip with train fares,food,B&B accommodation was less than £300....i may have a go at doing it the other way next year as i enjoyed it so much last June.

Bradz72

Hi great thread with lots of great advice.
I have signed up for lejog next April using a company called discover adventure using their self fund method. This has cost approx £1300 with no minimum to raise.
My main reason for using a company is to take the hassle and strain out of route finding, luggage transfer and accommodation. I know it's not the cheapest and would have preferred to have done an unaided end to end but feel this is the stress free way.

Feel free to have a look at my blog:
Www.neilbradleylejog2013.wordpress.com

Haffers

Am looking at the great-bears option as I want someone to lug my stuff about and the price looks reasonable compared to many. So also interested in anyone with experience of using them. Looking at a trip in May so will post a review when done.

Top Bottom