How Much !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The whole thing strikes me as yet another example of technology running amok, coming up with an extremely expensive solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Why use electronics at all? Because the mechanical route has failed us?

It's bling for idiots, and as such will no doubt find a market.

tyred

Legendary Member
Finest Sachs-Huret rescued from skip - FREE:becool:

The whole thing strikes me as yet another example of technology running amok, coming up with an extremely expensive solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Why use electronics at all? Because the mechanical route has failed us?

It's bling for idiots, and as such will no doubt find a market.
Ouch! Topcat of this parish has Dura-Ace and Ultegra - and he's no idiot. Well, he rides with me so he might well be some of the time, but the gears function well and it's his pleasure. (Electric Dave/Topcat will be along in a minute to cause trouble! :smile: )

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I'll admit that Italian engineering and design can sometimes be a thing of wonder.

But lets face it, electrickery is just not their strong point, in this case I suspect it would be more a case of "wonder if it will work" everytime you went for a gear-change.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
DA and Ultegra electronic have the price right - shop about and it's not stupid. Wait for Campag to settle (not) !

DA though will be more Ultegra compatible in a few months.. I think Version 2 DA Electronic will be Ultegra compatible and better.

Blue

Legendary Member
I'm ignorant of what such an expensive bit of kit actually does over abog standard veloce set up? Is it really worth it?? I could ride across the states for that cash

But you wouldn't have that inner glow of knowing that you are a 'real' cyclist - only the latest/most expensive kit can give you that feeling :cycle:

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
Single speed anyone? :laugh:

Top Bottom