How Often Do You Change Your Bike?

How Often Do You Change Your Bike?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
4 is all i have room for and its also all i need. Road, hybrid, folder and ebike. I've just bought a fifth, but one will be going to bring it back down to 4 again.

Actually I was quite happy with my stable off 4 (except for the unused carbon one - don’t ask!) and was not planning anymore till I got the e bike, mainly to commute on. It’s keeps me riding!
So now am at 5. I really think I should get to 4 - but then I will not have one of each material! Also in time the mtb and steel racer will go to my son.

Reactions: DSK

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Hardly ever. Bought a cheap Singlecross from the LBS over 10 years ago as a stopgap, still commuting on it now. Previous commute bikes have generally been fairly long-term (parts get replaced, and I did have one commuter where I replaced the frame and most of the parts except the stem, bars and seat post). When racing I bought parts and clothing more often, but bikes not so much- and I still have my 'cross bike, the 1" steerer might become a bit of an annoyance in future but currently parts easily available.

Reactions: DSK
Interesting thread. As@SuperHans123 said space for storing multiple bikes is most peoples problem. Not everyone has a Huge shed or garage, plus a very understanding "other half". Incidentally the most bikes i've owned at one time is n+1. Mrs marshmella couldn't see the point of the+1 ( plus the fact she was getting fed up of climbing over it ) She gave me the ultimatum of "either that bike goes or i do". I really miss the old girl , she was a smashing ride;)

Top Bottom