How often do you change your car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hicky

Guru
As infrequent as possible, better the devil you know in my eyes.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Mine's probably lost half its value. Mind you the first 3 owners probably lost £30k whereas I've only lost a grand. That said, I did have to have a £2k engine rebuild after an unlucky oil pipe failure. Even the garage suggested it wasn't worth it but I reasoned that the £2k would in effect get me a perfectly sound car with a new engine, rather than be a part payment on an unknown car. It makes no difference to me that the car is only now worth a grand - £2 k is gone regardless. I don't really believe in selling cars and I intend to keep it till it's scrapped - this is, in some ways more "green" than a newer more economic car

Sounds like Triggers Brush :laugh:

tyred

Legendary Member
The secret is to look after it and maintain it well. I reckon there are a few years left in mine yet.

28075036398_5cc4e6e5f8_b.jpg

The secret is to look after it and maintain it well. I reckon there are a few years left in mine yet.

View attachment 474914
Isn't that what is traditionally referred to as a "fixer upper"?

gbb

Legendary Member

View attachment 474914
At my last car MOT I was chatting to the owner / MOTer. I asked if he got any howlers in nowadays...nah, not like the old days, he replied. In the 80s when he started, some were sooooo bad he used to wonder how they actually managed to get to the garage...

D

Deleted member 1258

View attachment 474914

I remember the A35 a mate of mine had in the late sixties, if you sat in the front passenger seat and lifted the carpet you could see the road underneath, one day he put the handbrake on and it came of in his hand, it got scrapped shortly after.

Top Bottom