How often do you clean your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I tend not to clean my commuter as much nowadays as the mudguards help. But I give it a good clean about once a fortnight.
The new bike I clean whenever it gets mucky on any level. Dont want my whitey Spesh getting filthy!

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I only really clean the drivetrain, wipe it down and re-lube etc. Everything else I leave absolutely filthy from muddy trails, because it helps the bike blend in with the old bikes in bike racks. Its not the most expensive bike in the world, but there's a huge different between how it looks shiny and clean, compared to caked in mud. If I had an expensive bike that never left my sight, never got locked up outside shops id try to keep it looking pretty. :smile:

byegad

Legendary Member
Every couple of years, whether it needs it or not.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
for me its when i can be bothered (more so in the summer as its warmer then!) laterly i have been using the old MTB so havent bothered to clean either! might clean the spesh so i can fiddle with it a bit (noticed a few issues when i took it out for the first time in a few weeks yesterday) that i can look at at the same time.

Top Bottom