How often do you clean your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Well that was an enjoyable couple of hours with the commuter bike..................
Surely you meant minutes? :unsure: :tongue:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
A good soapy wash all over about once a month, but babywipes at least weekly, and mickling of the chain more often than that.

PBB

Veteran
I have never washed any of my bikes. In my defence they only seem to get so dirty before they start getting clean again :blush:

endoman

Gets a daily baby wipe, more intense if I've been out on gritted roads. Chain wiped every day, it's pretty much always clean. Only takes 5 minutes if you keep on top of it. Will dismantle fully all bits after winter and re lube / grease etc.

compo

Veteran
I was walking last week when I was nearly upended by a young child on her first new bike, complete with stabilisers and a nice bell. I got chatting to the father, then the little girl started telling me all the details about her bike as they do. She saw there was some mud on the frame so I told her when she got home to ask her mum for some baby wipes as they are good for cleaning bikes. I saw the mother today who told me next time I have a good idea to keep it to myself. Apparently it is costing her a fortune in baby wipes!

Another convert :laugh:

Top Bottom