how often do you lie?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been "economic with the acualité" on more than one occasion it has to be admitted. ;)

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

spandex said:
I do my best not to as when I was a kid I did and It came back on me 3fold. I do some times bend the truth tho!

truth bending constantly = lying your arse off

Welcome to reality

Hardly ever...apart from at work where I have have to quite regularly...

I'm quite allergic to other people lying too, one of the few things I really can't stand. Why do they bother, just causes extra problems once when the truth eventually comes out! ;)

Not only am I a serial fantasist, but I write adverts for a living. In a sense I am both a professional and hobby liar, or at least one who presents the truth in unconventional ways.

I think lying gets a bad rap, it's an essential social skill.

f

gavintc

Guru
I am not good at it, but my job demands a certain amount of economy of information imparted in conversations. Is this lying - well sometimes it has to be.

Abitrary said:
er, are you a child or something?

I am an adult but lie all the time!

I do injections as part of our scans, and "It's only a small scratch" or "No - it won't hurt" are not completely true....

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
tdr1nka said:
Same here, completely and utterly useless at it.
I do like a good friendly wind up tho.

I love wind ups ... especially on my kids... but I'm not sure the youngest one has the right sense of humour for it.

Cunobelin said:
I am an adult but lie all the time!

I do injections as part of our scans, and "It's only a small scratch" or "No - it won't hurt" are not completely true....

I think that counts as bending the truth/white lie as if you told them the truth they would tense up and it would be worse.

I think you need to withhold the truth or alter it slightly to get along in society ... if a teacher turned up at school and said "Jonny you are really thick and I'm not sure you actually benifit from turning up here every day" we wouldn't like that. Or when your neighbour tells you about his late night party he is planning, you say OK rather than "Oh great I get to go to sleep about 4 and have to pick up litter from my garden"

dudi

unfortunately it is part of my job at the moment to limit the amount of information my customer has access to, to enable them to make a decision based on the information I want them to have.

I would consider that lying. and as such, I lie from 9am to 6pm most days.

Top Bottom