How often do you wash your mitts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

My mitts (Spesh BG Comps I think) reek pretty badly after just one or two rides in the heat and I'm wondering how often I can afford to wash them. They seem to come out of the laundry ok but I'm afraid frequent washing is going to knacker them quickly since they're not the most substantial items.

How often do you wash yours?

Cheers,
Matthew

dodgy

When they start to smell xx(

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Weekly.

Mine go in the delicates wash (in one of those mesh washing bags) at 30°C with the rest of my bike stuff.

(My mitts are BG comp too - no ill effects so far, beyond the Spesh logo coming off).

kyuss

Veteran
Mine get washed at the same time as my shorts etc, so after most rides. Not had any problems and I've had the Spesh BG's for nearly a year now.

ASC1951

Guru
John the Monkey said:
(in one of those mesh washing bags.... with the rest of my bike stuff.
Top Tip - don't wash mitts with lycra unless you want the velcro to shred your shorts. I put one in each sock before bunging in the washer.

TBH I usually cycle without gloves. When I do wear them, I wash them with the rest of my kit every time.

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

Bigtwin said:
When it rains.

Ewww.

ASC1951 said:
Top Tip - don't wash mitts with lycra unless you want the velcro to shred your shorts. I put one in each sock before bunging in the washer.

I usually just close the velcro so it can't grab at my kit. The sock idea is a good one though.

Cheers all.:angry:

Matthew

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Errr... Never :angry:

trio25

Über Member
Every time I wear them unless its been a short ride!

I put gloves in a mesh bag as well. Do a bike/running load in the machine every week, sometimes twice in the winter!

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I wash mine every ride. I don't want to get ill cause i got some bacteria on them whilst riding and then spend the next ride wiping it all over my nose, only to spend time recovering with diarrhoea.
It makes sense to wash them every ride

Bigtwin

Steve Austin said:
I wash mine every ride. I don't want to get ill cause i got some bacteria on them whilst riding and then spend the next ride wiping it all over my nose, only to spend time recovering with diarrhoea.
It makes sense to wash them every ride

Oh for God's sake. You'll be telling us you have a bath and clean pants every month next.

Top Bottom