Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Occasionally

• Rarely

• I don't floss

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm fanatical about it, I floss before bed and sometimes after meals, especially meaty meals. Always Oral B waxed. I hate the thought of food rotting in my mouth. Even after flossing there's plaque left between the teeth so sometimes I use one of these:

TePe_Regular_Interdental_X01_LargeImg_OW.jpg

Followed by a good session with the Oral B/Braun rotating brush:

20008f.jpg

....leaves the mouth feeling fantastically clean and no bad breath in the morning.

ChrisKH

Guru
I have a mouth like an old cemetery (partly genetic - thanks Mum and Dad) and had very poor dental treatment as a youngster so I have major gaps and floss often.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Er.... try Boots or your dentist's surgery? As you see they come in a range of widths; I need yellow for my molars and the smallest pink for the crowded front teeth. Your dentist will have some spares for you to try so as to get the right size. They're not cheap but I only use them when I feel like a bit of a spring clean and the thicker ones can be reused. The thin ones tend to bend too easily then they lose the rigidity they need to slip through the gap. They are good though, dipped in toothpaste and shoved through the gaps at the gums a few times.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
FFS!! next you'll be asking us how we wipe our arses!! (oh wait, wasn't that the Toilet paper thread?? ...well, I rest my case!).

Sorry, I have been on another forum where there were endless threads asking you increasingly personal questions, so I'm sort of pissed off with it all now.

Brahan

Über Member
Mad Doug Biker said:
FFS!! next you'll be asking us how we wipe our arses!! (oh wait, wasn't that the Toilet paper thread?? ...well, I rest my case!).

Sorry, I have been on another forum where there were endless threads asking you increasingly personal questions.

So I 'aint impressed with this one much, roit!

Relax dude. It's not obligatory that you partake in the thread. :biggrin:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
GOOD!! :biggrin:

a couple of times a week, after i've put the paste on my toothbrush, i dip it in a tub of bicarbonate of soda which you can get from the baking section in any supermarket. helps scrub away the plaque and furry feeling on your teeth. doesnt taste brilliant but a quick rinse with mouthwash afterwards sorts that out. cheaper than the hygienist at the dentist as well which is £30 a pop.

ASC1951

Guru
After every meal and with unwaxed dental tape, not dental floss. Anti-plaque mouthwash before brushing my teeth when I get up, then again at night.

IIRC, sugar temporarily softens the surface of the teeth, so you shouldn't brush them within half an hour or so after you eat.

ChrisKH

Guru
ASC1951 said:
After every meal and with unwaxed dental tape, not dental floss. Anti-plaque mouthwash before brushing my teeth when I get up, then again at night.

IIRC, sugar temporarily softens the surface of the teeth, so you shouldn't brush them within half an hour or so after you eat.

Good tip.

Top Bottom