How old do you have to be before you have to tell everyone how old you are?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I dont care about my age or birthdays at all. I have to do the maths in my head or ask Mrs SBIB. (46-just asked)

I'm fine for memory generally, age and birthdays are a total blind spot tho.

You know you're old when they start saying how many years young you are.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I never thought I'd see Thirty, never imagined I'd get to Forty and now that Fifty is a dim and dusty memory I'm still shocked, how the heck did I get to be this old. And for all those just about to get there types that say Fifty is the new Forty...................It Ain't, believe you me. :surrender:

A neighbour of mine, now sadly deceased, used to moan incessantly about his bad back, knee joints and imminent death. His response to my, "But Martin you're only seventy"
was: "But seventy is the new ninety"

I miss his wit and alternative and subversive spin on the world.

I just wonder at what stage you stop trying to look and act older so you can buy fags and booze as a teenager and when you actually try to make yourself look younger...
The most degrading moment is when your 31 and 11/12th and get asked for ID when buying some booze. Haven’t been asked for years and didn’t have my ID so had to do the embarrassing walk of shame away. They are only doing their job and understand the personal liability attached etc.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I dont care about my age or birthdays at all. I have to do the maths in my head or ask Mrs SBIB. (46-just asked)

I'm fine for memory generally, age and birthdays are a total blind spot tho.

You know you're old when they start saying how many years young you are.

I really don’t like the whole ‘76 years young’ thing. For some reason it sets all my teeth on edge. ‘Oh look at Mr Smith, he’s 85 years young’ in that patronising tone. I find myself thinking ’oh look at that must be Karen the carer, marvellous isn’t she, only 225lbs thin’.

I might be a cow.
For the record, 58, rocking it with a side order of moody menopausal cow-baggery.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I really don’t like the whole ‘76 years young’ thing. For some reason it sets all my teeth on edge. ‘Oh look at Mr Smith, he’s 85 years young’ in that patronising tone. I find myself thinking ’oh look at that must be Karen the carer, marvellous isn’t she, only 225lbs thin’.

I might be a cow.
For the record, 58, rocking it with a side order of moody menopausal cow-baggery.

Annoys the c*ap out of me too.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Still playing at 70.^_^ Latest toy.
145  2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom