How old do you have to be before you have to tell everyone how old you are?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm 50 and already counting down the days to retirement, can't come soon enough !

Keith Oates

Janner
Here in the Far East it's one of the first questions you're asked when you meet someone at work or in a bar etc. I always say 22 but not many believe me because I've been saying that for a quite a few years now.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
During one of those ubiquitous sprints to be first to the cafe stop, I was running side by side with a guy who I could see was struggling to keep up.
He looked across at me and said, " You should be out sprinting me, I am 61 you know! " To which I replied, " We'll I'm not that much younger, I'm 54!"

byegad

Legendary Member
A twist is the oldie who tells you their age, adding one for their birthday that will come up later this year.
Somehow they want credit for having lived to that age, which puzzles me. If you give credit for inheriting good genes and not catching a serious disease or infection in their childhood and not getting run over crossing the road then fair enough but with the exception of the last one there's not much we can do about the other factors and I've had one or two near misses on the road where I had done nothing wrong and a numpty nearly took my life.

Byegad, aged 63 3/4.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I really can't understand this obsession for telling people how old you are.
What difference does it make?
I can still run rings around some guys 30 years my junior, but I would never dream of rubbing it in by telling them my age.

I just tell them that I'm a pensioner.:whistle:

Top Bottom