How old is too old for Lycra 🥴

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I'd not join a club like that in the first place.

Erm, actually I think I might join and then rock up to every ride with a ring bite on my left leg (arm even?) around knee (elbow) to see how many riders exploded spontaneously.

They're quite local to you so you could do that.

tinywheels

Ãœber Member
Obviously that's ridiculous.

so are many clubs

simongt

Guru
On the subject matter, had a good tidy / clear out of redundant & surplus clothing today which included two pairs of lycra shorts, one of which was about 25 years old. On the basis that I haven't actually worn lycra for some years due to being a cycling for the ride and not the record bod and my bikes have either B.17 or C.17 saddles, thus making anything more than occasional padded undershorts on longer rides supurfluous. :okay:
Oh, I'm 69. ^_^

On the subject matter, had a good tidy / clear out of redundant & surplus clothing today which included two pairs of lycra shorts, one of which was about 25 years old. On the basis that I haven't actually worn lycra for some years due to being a cycling for the ride and not the record bod and my bikes have either B.17 or C.17 saddles, thus making anything more than occasional padded undershorts on longer rides supurfluous. :okay:
Oh, I'm 69. ^_^
I'm getting on for not 69, and only cycle in lycra, because it's comfortable, and I really don't give a good goddamn what anyone thinks about it. I certainly can't imagine it looks too wonderful on me, but hey ho, not worried!

Sloth

Birth onwards…..

GuyBoden

Guru
But, it looks so good on fat old blokes.:laugh:
1663060602734.jpeg

Top Bottom