How poor a sentence is this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fimm

Veteran
*&£$!
I was sure he'd get jail time. That's appalling.

GBC

Veteran
"However, she was not wearing a safety helmet and that in my view contributed to her death."

What in the name of God is the relevance of that! It looks very much like the Sheriff has over-stepped himself here and I sincerely hope that the Crown Office get an appeal in against that ridiculous sentence.

cd365

Guru
This *expletive removed* should have his license removed for good.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
quote from the Sheriff James Scott:

He felt able to spare McCourt prison because there were no aggravating factors, such as drink or drug abuse.

"Mrs Fyffe wasn't to blame in any way for the accident.
"However, she was not wearing a safety helmet and that in my view contributed to her death."

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

on the one hand, the victim is not to blame, on the other, she is... what kind of morons are running the legal system???

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy

on the one hand, the victim is not to blame, on the other, she is... what kind of morons are running the legal system???

Its like getting stabbed on a night out and then being blamed as you didn't have a stab vest on.

BSRU

A Human Being
Disgraceful, 300 hours for killing his second cyclist, what next a free holiday for the third one:angry::sad:

Spray graffiti and you get a similar sentence. If I was a relative of either cyclist I'd feel their life's been held cheap.

Top Bottom