how the hell...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kovu

Über Member
Tharg2007 said:
its not so much skill as choice of victim :smile:

Victim, that made me laugh! :wacko::laugh::wacko:

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
so to get back on topic

if ur riding a fixie (nd u aint a chav YC cough, meaning that your hands will be on the handlebars lol) and you stop pedalling, does that mean that the rear wheel will instantly skid?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
ilovebikes said:
so to get back on topic

if ur riding a fixie (nd u aint a chav YC cough, meaning that your hands will be on the handlebars lol) and you stop pedalling, does that mean that the rear wheel will instantly skid?

No no, you will probably be pushed up into the air, if your lucky you will controlle it and relax your legs. If your unlucky then your off.
Nothing to worry about.
Now to skid, what you have to do is lean forward, and pull up with your leading leg, and lock the other leg out. Or, undo one foot, lean forward and lock your clipped in leg up and your wheel will skid. It does take some effort to skid. Just stopped peddling isnt enough.

Young Un

If you just stop pedalling and dont put and force into stopping the pedals will just kcik your legs around which is 'interesting' the first time it happens - if you resist the pedals enough to make them stop dead then yes the rear wheel will just skid

Joe24

Young Un said:
If you just stop pedalling and dont put and force into stopping the pedals will just kcik your legs around which is 'interesting' the first time it happens - if you resist the pedals enough to make them stop dead then yes the rear wheel will just skid

Thats if your lucky they will push your legs back around. I have been lucky when i did it when i first started riding fixed.
It is interesting though, but once your used to fixed your fine, and just want to spin faster.

kyuss

Veteran
ilovebikes said:

I like that. The white's nice and the deep rims suit it well. Not keen on the bars though, and Brooks saddles look awful on modern frames IMO. Pricey at £600 though. Certainly not worth £300 more than the regular plain black one. There's much much better bikes out there at that price (surly steamroller, Felt TK3 etc).

Here's mine, soon to have a matt black paintjob.
04012009122.jpg

Sorry for the crap photo.

kyuss

Veteran
;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Rented flat. I'm painting f**k all but bikes.

Joe24

Nice bike, im guessing they are chopped and flipped drops?
I like that Bowery.
The thing that is really good is that Giant have not made Giant, stick out so much like they do on other bikes.
And if im right, they have made it so that you can take those stickers off?

kyuss

Veteran
Joe24 said:
Nice bike, im guessing they are chopped and flipped drops?
I like that Bowery.
The thing that is really good is that Giant have not made Giant, stick out so much like they do on other bikes.
And if im right, they have made it so that you can take those stickers off?

Yep original bars chopped and flipped. And no, unfortunately the stickers are under the clearcoat or they'd have been removed a long time ago.

Joe24

Radius said:
It's chopped and flopped.... :wacko:

Oh god:rolleyes:
There is no proper name for it, there are lots of different names for it.
I normally just say chopped down drops, or chopped and flipped(thats what they are, why have to give it some girly name using two words that sound the same:rolleyes:)
God, HTFU.

;);):laugh:

Top Bottom