How to activate Amazon TV ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I noticed that Amazon have been taking £8.99 per month from my account. I was going to cancel but they have most of the football on TV for December so unsure now.
Anyway.......
1. I 'think' I get my account details by going to their website....... is there an easier way ??
2. Once I get this, how to I then go about actually getting the matches on my TV ?

If it matters I am on Virgin for TV and broadband.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Amazon Fire Stick?

I noticed that Amazon have been taking £8.99 per month from my account. I was going to cancel but they have most of the football on TV for December so unsure now.
Anyway.......
1. I 'think' I get my account details by going to their website....... is there an easier way ??
2. Once I get this, how to I then go about actually getting the matches on my TV ?

If it matters I am on Virgin for TV and broadband.

Do you have a smart TV ? For a few hundred quid you can get a TV that has Amazon Prime already set up in it. Might be worth an update if your TV is knocking on ?

It's literally one button from my remote I press to use it. Simple.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
If you have a Smart TV, check out the pre-installed apps.
”Prime Video” is the Amazon App. Log in there.
All the footy is on tonight!!!

Sorry......how do I check the pre installed apps.
I think it's a smart TV but don't know how to be certain.

Kevberlin

Sorry......how do I check the pre installed apps.
I think it's a smart TV but don't know how to be certain.

Dave. If it’s an old tv it may not have Apps. if it’s newer, look at this:
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-manage-apps-on-my-smart-tv/

The alternative is to buy an Amazon Fire Stick……a device that plugs into your tv and offers you extra services ( including Prime Video) by means of a second remote.

if you have iPad, you can install the “Prime Video” App on it and watch footy on the iPad.

All the best

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi......TV is a Samsung 60"ish.
I have never installed an app of any kind. My phone has 2 (CC & FB) that my granddaughter put on.

Post a pic of the remote. Assuming your TV is attached to the wifi, I think if you press home (house icon) on a Samsung remote it should bring up the installed apps and you can check for Amazon Video. Some Samsung remotes even have an Amazon button but you presumably have checked!
Otherwise, channel 205 from your Virgin guide

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Dave. If it’s an old tv it may not have Apps. if it’s newer, look at this:
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-manage-apps-on-my-smart-tv/

The alternative is to buy an Amazon Fire Stick……a device that plugs into your tv and offers you extra services ( including Prime Video) by means of a second remote.

if you have iPad, you can install the “Prime Video” App on it and watch footy on the iPad.

All the best

Daft question but......if all I need is a Fire Stick** why do people bother with subscriptions?
**I have no idea how much they cost.

vickster

Legendary Member
Daft question but......if all I need is a Fire Stick** why do people bother with subscriptions?
**I have no idea how much they cost.

You still need the subscription. The Firestick just carries the App, then you need to log in to your paid account

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
@vickster this is the tv remote.
20231206_092710.jpg

Top Bottom