How to activate Amazon TV ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks.
Tried 205 and that worked.
Sadly it tells me I need a newer version of Virgin Tivo box.

Oh! Nothing on the Home Screen apps?
May need to dash to Currys or Argos for a firestick at £35 … or watch on PC or tablet

If its a samsung tv - why is it a sony remote control ? And what happens if you press the Football or Netflix buttons ?
I mean Amazon Prime is just another App like Netflix ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
If its a samsung tv - why is it a sony remote control ? And what happens if you press the Football or Netflix buttons ?
I mean Amazon Prime is just another App like Netflix ?

Partly because I am thick........just checked again and it is indeed a Sony.
Oops.
Re the football or Netflix buttons.....I have never tried them.

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Oops.

The Netflix button is a shortcut to open the App on your TV, so you don't have to go to Home -->Apps -->Netflix.

A firestick is the best way to go IMHO; the cheapest version is 30 odd quid but quite slow. The 4kmax version is IIRC £60ish but much faster to load up. They are both plug and play and will come already signed in to your amazon account

Take a picture of the back of the TV to find the label on it. It will have the model number. You can google that and see it's specifications.

Failing that - get an 8 year old in and they'll have it working on their fave amazon shows in ten mins tops.

vickster

Legendary Member
The Netflix button is a shortcut to open the App on your TV, so you don't have to go to Home -->Apps -->Netflix.

A firestick is the best way to go IMHO; the cheapest version is 30 odd quid but quite slow. The 4kmax version is IIRC £60ish but much faster to load up. They are both plug and play and will come already signed in to your amazon account

£35 most likely on the high st if he wants it today to watch this evening’s football

vickster

Legendary Member
Take a picture of the back of the TV to find the label on it. It will have the model number. You can google that and see it's specifications.

Failing that - get an 8 year old in and they'll have it working on their fave amazon shows in ten mins tops.

Indeed, can a relative who is there help (he lives with them)
The amount of TV based support I’ve unsuccessfully tried to offer remotely to my parents shows it’s much better to be in the room with the TV 🙄

vickster

Legendary Member
Oops.

Ok Sony is easy to check the installed apps…just press home button

figbat

Slippery scientist

Sony RMT-TX100D TV Remote Control fits models
KD-49X8305C KD-55X8505C KD-55X8507C KD-55X8508C
KD-55X8509C KD-65X8505C
KD-65X8507C KD-65X8508C KD-65X8509C KD-65X9305C
KD-75X8505C KDL-43W755C
KDL-43W756C KDL-43W805C KDL-50W755C
KDL-50W756C KDL50W805C KDL55W755C KDL-55W756C
KDL-55W805C KDL-65W855C KDL-75W855C KD49X8305C

Looks like a bunch of smart Bravias - there will almost certainly be an Amazon Video app option (I would have thought - I am not a Sony user).

vickster

Legendary Member
Pressing the home button on my Sony Bravia TV brings up this and then you just navigate across to Amazon wherever it is

Attachments

• IMG_9894.jpeg
    IMG_9894.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Indeed, can a relative who is there help (he lives with them)
The amount of TV based support I’ve unsuccessfully tried to offer remotely to my parents shows it’s much better to be in the room with the TV 🙄

My family is moving in in January.
I was asking my SiL about it......only to find out that they are on Amazon Prime.
I now have decide if it's worth spending £35-50 for just one month.

Thank you all for your help....really is appreciated.

vickster

Legendary Member
My family is moving in in January.
I was asking my SiL about it......only to find out that they are on Amazon Prime.
I now have decide if it's worth spending £35-50 for just one month.

Thank you all for your help....really is appreciated.

Why do you need to spend £35-50?

Top Bottom