How to activate Amazon TV ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
For thi's Firestick thingy.......or have I got that wrong ?

does your TV definitely not have the app built in? Did you go into the home menu?
if not, you'll need the firestick even if using your family's log in. There'll likely be another round of Amazon footie next year too
If you end up not using it, you'll probably be able to flog it on for £20 or whatever!
It's 16.50...if you want to watch tonight's footie on your TV, you'd better get to the shops for a Firestick...or just use your subscription to watch on a laptop or tablet rather than big screen.
You only need the Firestick IF you don't have an Amazon app on the TV and want to watch on the TV (also, if you're paying silly money to Virgin each month, demand they install the latest TiVO box or threaten to cancel!)

If you have a laptop log in on there and watch the footy there ? Or you could try an HDMI cable to link your laptop to the TV if you want a bigger screen.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We've a Toshiba Smart TV that doesn't have Prime or Disney - just Netflix and fully fledged Freeview (one where you can go back from the guide). We've a spare firestick at the caravan that will be going on the TV at some point.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I have a Bravia TV (model kdl-43-755c if i remember correctly), about 8 yrs old with the identical remote; the Home button will indeed bring up a menu which includes all the androidTV apps like Netflix, iplayer, youtube, Amazon, and more. Also a cog/settings option where you need to enable wifi or a wired connection to your broadband.

Each app will require sign-up or login, many also require a paid subscription.

Top Bottom