How to add own routes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Being a geographer I have this rather strange obsession with designing routes most usually with Ride with GPS and occasionally with Strava. Is it possible to export these routes so they are in the simulator. If so I would be grateful for some kind of idiots guide. Also how can rides completed and previously uploaded to Garmin Connect/Strava be exported? Again an idiots guide would prove useful. Thanks.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Being a geographer I have this rather strange obsession with designing routes most usually with Ride with GPS and occasionally with Strava. Is it possible to export these routes so they are in the simulator. If so I would be grateful for some kind of idiots guide. Also how can rides completed and previously uploaded to Garmin Connect/Strava be exported? Again an idiots guide would prove useful. Thanks.
BKool will accept gpx, tcx, csv or hrm files.

Assuming that you have already created the route in some planning software or other, and saved it on your computer:
Click on the SESSIONS tab, then on "Create a route".
Click on FROM FILE, and select the file you want to upload.

Strava rides can be exported from Strava as a tcx, and then uploaded. A quicker way is to go to your BKool profile page and activate the "Connect with Strava" slider. Then any ride on Strava will automatically be created on BKool, and vice versa.

I don't use Garmin Connect, but you should be able to export any rides saved on there to your computer as a gpx or tcx file and then follow the same instructions.

The ride you create will only be a 2D "map ride". In time, BKool may convert it to 3D, but there's nothing you can do to make this happen.

Be aware that once created, a route CANNOT be deleted on BKool, and unlike Strava there is no "security zone" feature to obscure the area around your home.

Soarerv8

Über Member
BKool will accept gpx, tcx, csv or hrm files.

Assuming that you have already created the route in some planning software or other, and saved it on your computer:
Click on the SESSIONS tab, then on "Create a route".
Click on FROM FILE, and select the file you want to upload.

Strava rides can be exported from Strava as a tcx, and then uploaded. A quicker way is to go to your BKool profile page and activate the "Connect with Strava" slider. Then any ride on Strava will automatically be created on BKool, and vice versa.

I don't use Garmin Connect, but you should be able to export any rides saved on there to your computer as a gpx or tcx file and then follow the same instructions.

The ride you create will only be a 2D "map ride". In time, BKool may convert it to 3D, but there's nothing you can do to make this happen.

Be aware that once created, a route CANNOT be deleted on BKool, and unlike Strava there is no "security zone" feature to obscure the area around your home.
Thanks for that, have created one and map is fine, any idea though if it is an instant process or do I have to wait for it to appear (and if so where?)

Thanks

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Thanks for that, have created one and map is fine, any idea though if it is an instant process or do I have to wait for it to appear (and if so where?)

Thanks
It's usually fairly quick, but not instant. I'd give it a couple of days, as they are much busier now with so many new users.
I get an email to say the route has been accepted, but on the Search page, at the bottom of the options on the left-hand side, is "Created by". Click on it, and on the sub menu select "Me".

Top Bottom