How to build a bike - The revival of a British craft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mistral

Guru
Nice article on the BBC website HERE
I saw that this morning, it's a great piece and good to see old craft skills. Ironbridge Gorge - where the workshop is based - is the birthplace of the industrial revolution and metal bashing, has several fine heritage museums and is a fantastic place to visit.

It is encouraging to read that more people are building bespoke bikes, but it is rather sad that they cannot make much of a living while producing a quality machine. Hopefully as reputations grow, they will be able to charge the kind of prices that their talents ought to command. Therefore, the moral of the story is 'If you have ever contemplated getting a bespoke bike, then buy it now before the price goes through the roof.'

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I'm tempted to buy a custom bike from Roberts in a few years. I cycle past it regularly on the way to work and the prices look reasonable.

400bhp

Guru
I'm tempted to buy a custom bike from Roberts in a few years. I cycle past it regularly on the way to work and the prices look reasonable.

given your recent strava musings over slipped gears etc, you might want to bring that date forward :whistle:

Top Bottom