How to complete a tax return with a missing P45/P60?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
No, you won't be able to complete it online over the weekend as you're not already registered for online self-assessment.

When you register, they send your login details through the post so even if you register right now you won't get them for a while anyway.
They have changed it, you can do it now via "Verify Me" as well as wait for a ref. I managed without a photo ID or current passport. Took 10 mins.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
They have changed it, you can do it now via "Verify Me" as well as wait for a ref. I managed without a photo ID or current passport. Took 10 mins.

That's good to know. Used to be a right palaver if you ever lost your password - you couldn't get back in until they sent you a new one, which would usually take a couple of weeks.

What has bad weather got to do with answering phone calls i ask?!

A bit of an aside, but I imagine that the chances are that they are short-staffed due to some people not being able to get in to work to answer the phone calls because of transport problems, and probably some needing to take unexpected leave to look after children whose schools have been closed.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5169498, member: 10119"]A bit of an aside, but I imagine that the chances are that they are short-staffed due to some people not being able to get in to work to answer the phone calls because of transport problems, and probably some needing to take unexpected leave to look after children whose schools have been closed.[/QUOTE]
Yes i know what you mean. It's just unfortunate that this weather and my hassle letter have come at the same time.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
[QUOTE 5169498, member: 10119"]A bit of an aside, but I imagine that the chances are that they are short-staffed due to some people not being able to get in to work to answer the phone calls because of transport problems, and probably some needing to take unexpected leave to look after children whose schools have been closed.[/QUOTE]

Yep.
And the number of HMRC offices and staff have been cut to reduce running costs.

You will be lucky to find anyone to answer your call on a Saturday and if you do get lucky only a more Senior person will be able to give general guidance - and they won't be specific with regards to the case.

Fill in SA100 and all your troubles (minus £130 or so ) will disappear.

alicat

Legendary Member
I think the main problem is that having delegated to Mrs Accy the job of doing your tax returns you 'forgot' to take responsibility for them when you split up. It has come back to bite you.

I hope you are lucky and get the penalty waived this time round.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Mod note:

This thread is locked despite not appearing so! The last member post was made at almost the same instant as the previous Mod note and looks like it beat the cut by a nano-second or two. :smile:

Top Bottom