How to have an effective Mountain Bike Training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker Dennis

Mountain bike training is important for any biker who would would like to get involved in mountain biking . Due to the fact mountain biking is an extreme sport it takes a lot of energy and physical fitness if you want to ride at your best . In this article , you will learn about 5 tips that will help you to improve your biking experience ;

1 . Practise over both hilly and flat surface tracks .

Mountain biking requires that you have enough leg muscle energy to ride strongly over elevated routes . It is also necessary for you to ride at a good speed , so that you can be able to beat your competitors on level tracks . Riding over hilly routes will help you to build up your leg muscle strength , and riding very fast over flat terrains will assist you to be more fit to ride speedily .

2 . Practice over different road surfaces .

Mountain biking involves riding over a variety of surfaces and these surfaces are not always flat . Practice over just about every terrain that you expect to find in a race . The various road surfaces are sand , gravel , mud and so on . Getting used to riding over this surfaces will help you to improve your handling skills over this surfaces and help you to be better prepared .

3 . Ride consistently and on a regular basis .

It is important that you regularly train on the bike that you will use to race in any of the mountain bike events that you desire to participate in . This may sound basic , but it is essential so as to help you to get a hang of handling your bike and also get comfortable on your saddle . This is also important as it will assist you to focus more on the riding rather than handling your bike and adjusting your saddle .

4 . Ensure that your bike has dual suspension and good brake system .

Mountain biking in most cases involves riding over bumpy routes and lack of shock absorbers( dual suspension ) could lead to the breaking of your bike's frame and might even cause you an injury . Also ensure that you have an effective braking system as it will help you to ride effectively and avoid any accidents . Learn also how to brake properly and not very hard , this will help you to avoid any accidents too .

5 . You should always wear protective gear .

It is necessary that you always wear a helmet and knee pads , so as to prevent any serious injuries to yourself if you get into an accident . Make sure that you wear this protective gear when training and when you are in an actual race.

darkstar

Is this 'Mountain Biking for Dummies'?? ;)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, it's more like 'come and look at my site' but at least Biker Dennis did actually put some information in his post, unlike some people who just put the links!

Biker Dennis - normally, the place for self-serving links would be in your 'signature' below your post. You can set that up by clicking on 'Signed in as Biker Dennis' (above left),  then click My Settings, then select the Profile tab, and select the Change Signature option. That way, if you come back and make lots of posts (you will do, won't you ;) ?), your links will be scattered about all over the forum without you having to keep inserting them in your posts; it will be done for you! 

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Well, it's more like 'come and look at my site' but at least Biker Dennis did actually put some information in his post, unlike some people who just put the links!

Biker Dennis - normally, the place for self-serving links would be in your 'signature' below your post. You can set that up by clicking on 'Signed in as Biker Dennis' (above left), then click My Settings, then select the Profile tab, and select the Change Signature option. That way, if you come back and make lots of posts (you will do, won't you ;) ?), your links will be scattered about all over the forum without you having to keep inserting them in your posts; it will be done for you!

and just for Denni, a post, just to self promote my blog :biggrin:....May as well, anything Dennis can do.... :biggrin: LOL

jimboalee

Dennis has not told us the sixth tip about Mountain biking.

To be a serious MTBer, it best NOT to have a Wife and Family to worry about.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Tip no. 7: Get a good dentist.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I am very grateful for the advice to "ensure your bike has dual suspension". I shall definitely be adding "check the shocks haven't fallen off in the back of the car" to my pre-ride checklist along with making sure the brakes work and the tyres are inflated.

Panter

Just call me Chris...

Mountain biking in most cases involves riding over bumpy routes and lack of shock absorbers( dual suspension ) could lead to the breaking of your bike's frame and might even cause you an injury . Also ensure that you have an effective braking system as it will help you to ride effectively and avoid any accidents . Learn also how to brake properly and not very hard , this will help you to avoid any accidents too .

Really? Best scrap my hardtail then, better safe than sorry...

Seriously, if you're going to spam a forum, then:

1) Don't

2) If you're going to, at least try and sell yourself as having some sort of idea as to what you're actually on about :whistle:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.

Mountain bike training is important for any biker who would would like to get involved in mountain biking . Due to the fact mountain biking is an extreme sport it takes a lot of energy and physical fitness if you want to ride at your best . In this article , you will learn about 5 tips that will help you to improve your biking experience ;

1 . Practise over both hilly and flat surface tracks .

Mountain biking requires that you have enough leg muscle energy to ride strongly over elevated routes . It is also necessary for you to ride at a good speed , so that you can be able to beat your competitors on level tracks . Riding over hilly routes will help you to build up your leg muscle strength , and riding very fast over flat terrains will assist you to be more fit to ride speedily .

2 . Practice over different road surfaces .

Mountain biking involves riding over a variety of surfaces and these surfaces are not always flat . Practice over just about every terrain that you expect to find in a race . The various road surfaces are sand , gravel , mud and so on . Getting used to riding over this surfaces will help you to improve your handling skills over this surfaces and help you to be better prepared .

3 . Ride consistently and on a regular basis .

It is important that you regularly train on the bike that you will use to race in any of the mountain bike events that you desire to participate in . This may sound basic , but it is essential so as to help you to get a hang of handling your bike and also get comfortable on your saddle . This is also important as it will assist you to focus more on the riding rather than handling your bike and adjusting your saddle .

5 . You should always wear protective gear .

It is necessary that you always wear a helmet and knee pads , so as to prevent any serious injuries to yourself if you get into an accident . Make sure that you wear this protective gear when training and when you are in an actual race.

Woah, a bike shop charged me just under £1k today for a bike that doesnt have Dual Sus, according to your guide, thats bad, so are you saying I got ripped off by them ? DAMN IT

darkstar

To be completely fair, full sus is needed if you're going to race XC competitively IMO. Not for the average rider though.

Top Bottom