How to say hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tut tut old chap I think it is taking things a bit far to acknowledge those of a lower social standing than yourself don't you think. Of course I do expect common labourers and peasants to doff their caps helmets in deference whenever I am out and about but jolly bad form to initiate any type of acknowledgement I should say.
:smile:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I like the "vroom vroom" idea; if nothing else, it will make them keep clear of you, for fear of what crazy thing you might do next! :laugh:

tomahawk

I always wait until my bike has hoved into his peripheral vision, then give a cheery "morning". I wouldn't want someone behind me shouting out "coming through" or whatever. Scare me out of my skin it would. In fact I've never experienced that, and I get passed quite a lot.

To broaden this out a bit, what about passing horses? Of course I take it as wide as possible but I also give the rider a "cyclist" shout when I am maybe 10m behind so she (it's nearly always a she) can steady the horse.

I always carry with me two half coconut shells in order to make a clip clop sound. In that way the horse doesn't perceive you as a threat. Its a bit hard to do whilst maintaining control of the bicycle but with practice it can be done. Honest.

I carry a bag of sugar lumps for them:thumbsup:, keeps them sweet.
I do this for other cyclists too.

my preference is for polos please!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
what are spangles? thought you and I were similar ages?

Spangles-001.jpg

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Spangles rocked... proper sugar rush.
I swear I used to buzz of these in my younger days. :thumbsup:

The rules of spangle
1) Never put them in your pocket otherwise they turn into glue and getting the wrapper off became a nightmare.
2) Never leave them in your pocket when your clothes are washed as you will never open that pocket again in your life.
3) Never Swallow, as the damn things would get stuck in your neck.

Top Bottom