'How to stay alive as a cyclist in North America'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
IMG_20230809_130611.jpg

https://road.cc/content/news/florida-man-armed-cyclist-jersey-sparks-debate-303035

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
and I though I had a lot of rear lights :eek:

GuyBoden

Guru
Historically, we Brits drive on the left side to keep our right hand pistol (or rapier) hand free to shoot.

Doesn't work driving on the right, unless you've left handed.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
We're bottom of the food chain over here, while the US seems to be more extreme in its inequality / division, firearms are everywhere, their use against others normalised and the rate of firearms related homicides the highest in the "developed" world.

I feel vulnerable enough on the bike in the UK; if I lived in the US I'd carry without a doubt.

Drago

Legendary Member
I actually did carry a Glock 19 in my backpack on a few off-road rides in South Africa in the 1990's. :whistle::gun:😱

The Glock is a good choice. Very robust, very safe to handle provided you keep your finger out the guard.

When I was BG'ing in the states I chose the PPQ. My mainly rather corn-fed US bred colleagues thought I was some kind of loon/communist/ effeminate (delete as applicable dependent on the day of the week) for locking it in the office instead of taking it home.

Drago

Legendary Member
We had Suburbans, but sadly not the Dillon Tactical Vehicle like the Secret Service use. Anyone opening fire on Biden's motorcade will get the fright of their life.

Top Bottom