How to stop Strava using Facebook profile image

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dfthe1

Anyone know how to do this? I can change the picture manually, but then it updates again next time I update my Facebook. At the moment, my Facebook (and so Strava) pic is an embarrassing image of me as a child -- not the cool, racing machine image I want to present on Strava!

vickster

Legendary Member
Unlink strava and Facebook? Or put a cool cycling photo on Facebook!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
The above should work, but I sign in with FB and still get to keep two different pictures, I think it's because I did not link the accounts, my Strava cannot post my rides on FB ... don't wanna bore all to death with my commute ^_^

OP
OP
D

dfthe1

Thanks all. Seems to have sorted it. I find the Facebook linking a pain. Sometimes I want to share a particular ride and then forget that it automatically syncs all your rides after that until you turn it off again.

OP
OP
D

dfthe1

Delete Facebook? It is for girls you know ;-)

How do you know I'm not a girl?

Kingy

Thanks all. Seems to have sorted it. I find the Facebook linking a pain. Sometimes I want to share a particular ride and then forget that it automatically syncs all your rides after that until you turn it off again.

When you 'connect' Facebook don't tick the box for auto sync (it's an option). That way you have to manually chose to post a ride onto Facebook. I have my Facebook (and twitter) accounts linked with Strava, but nothing is posted to either account unless I do it manually. Each time I do it asks me to allow 'auto sync' but I don't allow it.
That said, I use a Mio/ Garmin / TomTom watch to record rides/runs (not my phone) so all my uploads are purposely manual uploads too. If you use a phone which auto uploads as you end your ride this may be a factor.

Top Bottom