How to View .GPX files

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I'm sure this must be easy - but I don't know how to take a .GPX file that is sent to me and view it on one of the Apps.

I've tried ridewithGPS, Strava and Garmin Connect but I can't see anywhere how to do it..

Can someone advise please.

Martin

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
You need a different app. I use gpx viewer on Android.

sight-pin

Veteran
Or.
Save your GPX file to Desktop..... open Strava main page....'Upload activity. (cross at top right of screen).......click 'File' then..... 'Choose File'....Desktop...double click the GPX file..

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Or.
Save your GPX file to Desktop..... open Strava main page....'Upload activity. (cross at top right of screen).......click 'File' then..... 'Choose File'....Desktop...double click the GPX file..

Hope that helps.

That would work if it was an activity - but it is just a route.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
As what said, save to your computer and upload it to RidewithGPX

upload_2016-5-29_16-5-58.png

This is how I do it. I have had no difficulty at all when using it this way.
Download Tyretotravel software. Basic features are free to use. That is enough to download GPx files and upload the files in to your garmin or TomTom. I use the basic free one.
Once you install it in your PC, and download any GPx file, your PC will automatically select that programme to open GPx files.
If it doesn't and keep asking you how to open, ask the PC to use tyre.
There are very good YouTube clips if you are stuck on how to use Tyretotravel.
But I think tyre is not available as an app to use on your smartphone. For that use GPx viewer as suggested. It works fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom