How will the universe end?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the final level ends when Swindon Town qualify for, and win, the Champions League.

So we’re ok for the foreseeable.

classic33

Leg End Member
Surely the answer will be somewhere in The Bible - the end must be part of The Big Plan.
Matthew 24:5-28
"For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are but the beginning of the birth pains. “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake."

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Option 3 is ruled out already by observations. The universe is observed to be flat

Option 4 - mass is radiated in Hawking Radiation so that option is incorrect

Option 2 - not likely as the dark energy force is very weak, like gravity

Option 1 is current idea thinking. But the "overcome" word is maybe not a good one.

There is an unstated assumption in all options which is that Dark Energy is time dependent in strength. That would contradict a flat universe I think.

A good point. I think you should write a letter to Sir Roger Penrose, Emeritus Professor of Mathematics at Oxford University, to point out the error in his hypothesis. I would do myself, but, er, I've lost his address.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Happily.

I like happy endings.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Might it be that the idea of the universe beginning and ending is an anthropomorphic fantasy derived from the experience of human birth and death? Perhaps it did not begin, perhaps it does not end…

mustang1

Guru
I don't understand what number three means but I heard of that big bang thingamajig so that's what I'm going with.

I saw a documentary about the possibility of multiple univeserses which are called multiverse. You can download it on Google, just search for Spiderman and the Multiverse.

mustang1

Guru
Surely the answer will be somewhere in The Bible - the end must be part of The Big Plan.
If I was starting a new religion today, I would write the holy book using MS Word.
Actually scratch that. I would not want a hard copy of any mistakes I made.
No scratch that again... I could use gramarly to make the corrections.

Top Bottom