How will the universe end?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Might it be that the idea of the universe beginning and ending is an anthropomorphic fantasy derived from the experience of human birth and death? Perhaps it did not begin, perhaps it does not end…
stars are born, stars die... just as night follows day, everything begins and everything ends.

Mr Miyagi

classic33

Leg End Member
Might it be that the idea of the universe beginning and ending is an anthropomorphic fantasy derived from the experience of human birth and death? Perhaps it did not begin, perhaps it does not end…
Maybe it never even got started, and we are "living" in a computer simulation.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Maybe it never even got started, and we are "living" in a computer simulation.
Is the whole universe fully simulated or just the solar system, because if it's the entire universe, that's a really big simulation. The solar system would be pretty big.

Rocky

Hello decadence
That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid
Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn
World serves its own needs
Don't mis-serve your own needs
Speed it up a notch, speed, grunt, no, strength
The ladder starts to clatter
With a fear of height, down, height
Wire in a fire, represent the seven games
And a government for hire and a combat site
Left her, wasn't coming in a hurry
With the Furies breathing down your neck

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
the observable universe is only a tiny fraction of the entire universe, which is expanding like a balloon inflates. It appears flat but we're only looking at a small part of the 'skin' mahoosive sphere. Option 3 is most likely... but leading space science men are yet to learn that rather than a spherical universe, it's actually a doughnut shape, like an over inflated tractor tyre. :reading:

Excellent point. We can't measure far enough but I must dispute the idea of a doughnut shape as the Plod would have eaten that by now. :okay:

A good point. I think you should write a letter to Sir Roger Penrose, Emeritus Professor of Mathematics at Oxford University, to point out the error in his hypothesis. I would do myself, but, er, I've lost his address.
I've just Skyped with Prof Penrose and I realise now where he has gone wrong in all of this. He hasn't taken into account physics beyond the standard model of particle physics nor the new physics of the cosmos beyond the LamdaCDM model. I don't blame him for that as he doesn't have a time machine like wot I do. So I must now revert to the present Hawking radiation model as of now, not the future upgraded one I was referring to. Mustn't mess with the time line :okay:

Top Bottom