How young are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are days when I feel every bit 50+ and mostly it's when I read or hear politicians wrangling over the same old subjects they've been going nowhere with for my entire life. It just makes you feel like nothing changes for the better, that there are no solutions to the really 'big' questions - just an endless procession of people who think they have new ideas. OK, so maybe everyone should take an interest in current affairs, use their vote etc. But not at the expense of being depressed by politics on a daily basis.

I find if I keep away from listening to these people, I actually feel younger, more optimistic and generally happier about life.

merlinmagic

Personally I feel about my age (33). I am happy being in my 30's although have to admit since cycling the last couple of months I am fitter than I ever was in my 20's.

The only ravages I have are the thinning of the hair but its not really a big deal ;)

But I really do enjoy being this age. Have a secure family life, 2 kids, experience on my side and challenging job working for myself.

It had its up and downs and at times it is stressful but I much prefer it to being 20.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I still feel like I did when I was 25, trouble is that the body tells me I am nearly 51.

tyred

Legendary Member
I feel fitter, happier and more confident than I did as a teenager. Age doesn't matter IMO. There are many people in a worse position than I am.

I think having kids makes you grow up. We haven't, and feel really ungrown-up around siblings etc of our age who have them. But then you realise your doctor/dentist etc are all younger than you, and you feel old, but still not grown-up.

Top Bottom