How's your tapwater?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Ars is 'ard - well'ard. We're used to it tho', and use it straight from the tap, no problem. I even bottle it and put the bottles in the fridge.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
My water supply from Loch Katrine is fine for my palate but my cat won't touch it and insists on drinking from a rain-filled bucket in the garden.

When my brother visits from Surrey he always remarks how good the water is and how this is the only place he can get a decent cup of tea not ruined by poor water.

Having said that, I have friends 2 miles away who will only drink or cook with bottled water.

snorri

Legendary Member
My tapwater from a loch up in the hills is excellent for all purposes and needs no additional filtering.
I've never needed to buy bottled water but have one 2L bottle supplied by Scottish Water for emergencies, I see the Best Before date is 1/07/08:rolleyes:.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Ours is fine - straight off Exmoor.
Our friends from up country always remark at how good it is.
No need for bottled water here. :okay:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Ours comes from Keilder so filtered sheep wee flavoured with the occasional drowned midge and slightly fishy.... nothing finer.

It used to be passed by the Borough Engineer...

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I checked the Bristol Water website, it says our water is 253 mg/l of CaCO3 (Calcium Carbonate) , which is very hard, I can vouch for this, you only need to boil a kettle a couple of time for very noticeable flakes of calcium carbonate to materialise, think of my poor washing machine!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Private borehole.
La di dah :whistle: :laugh:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
My water supply from Loch Katrine is fine for my palate but my cat won't touch it and insists on drinking from a rain-filled bucket

Cats are weird though, mine has fresh water put in a bowl but eschews that in favour of either that little bit of standing water that is always in the bath plug area, or the green, algae stained bird bath outside.

Milzy

Guru
People poor chemicals and oil down their drains & I always wonder if it's really that safe to drink. Then I wonder if the bottled spring water might be just as bad as tap water. Unless you test kit the water before every glass you'll never know what you're putting inside your body.

Top Bottom