Hull to Spurn Point.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Last time I did Spurn Point 40 odd years ago it was getting very sandy and the road was disappearing.....is there any tarmac left?

Shaun

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Isn't the road underwater at high tide now making it impassible for two or three hours at a time?
Looks a good ride though.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
@EasyPeez is the man with local knowledge.

We are thinking of venturing in this direction in September.

He told me the last bit of the road is all but impassable on a bicycle due to erosion, but you can walk if you don't mind leaving the bike.

He reckons the area is generally dull and featureless, but I'm still keen to have a go having never been there.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
@EasyPeez is the man with local knowledge.

We are thinking of venturing in this direction in September.

He told me the last bit of the road is all but impassable on a bicycle due to erosion, but you can walk if you don't mind leaving the bike.

He reckons the area is generally dull and featureless, but I'm still keen to have a go having never been there.

I spent many a summer on Spurn Point as a kid as we had a caravan at Kilnsea. Dull and featureless is over selling it.

Saying that I would like to ride to it just so I could say I've done it.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I spent many a summer on Spurn Point as a kid as we had a caravan at Kilnsea. Dull and featureless is over selling it.

Saying that I would like to ride to it just so I could say I've done it.

Our ride will be a Sunday in September, probably starting from Beverley.

It's a bike ride, not a masonic meeting, so you would be welcome to join us if you wanted to chalk it off as a destination done.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Our ride will be a Sunday in September, probably starting from Beverley.

It's a bike ride, not a masonic meeting, so you would be welcome to join us if you wanted to chalk it off as a destination done.

It's a bit of trek from Leicester, but I am originally from Beverley so with a bit of forward planning I might be able to make it

midlife

Guru
It's a bit of trek from Leicester, but I am originally from Beverley so with a bit of forward planning I might be able to make it

Used to fly my planes on Beverly Westwood :smile:. Is it still woods and open fields?

Shaun

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Thats a shame I've been perfecting my handshake for years.
How far is it from Beverley?

@EasyPeez is in charge of routing, but I reckon it's about 40 miles each way.

But I doubt it will come to quite that because you can't realistically ride the last few miles.

It's all fresh and interesting to me, so I've said to @EasyPeez I'm content to ride as far as we can reasonably go.

He's going to do a recce in the next month or two, and then decide on a route.

Looks like there may be a bit of interest, so I'll post it as a forum ride nearer the time.

MarkF

Guru
It's a really nice ride. Once 30 mins past Hull it's like entering a world that it time forgot, Wicker Man territory, same as on the oppo west coast, Allenby, Wigton etc
Spurn point is great, all those washed up dead cats and dogs with bloated bellies.:smile:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
@EasyPeez is in charge of routing, but I reckon it's about 40 miles each way.

But I doubt it will come to quite that because you can't realistically ride the last few miles.

It's all fresh and interesting to me, so I've said to @EasyPeez I'm content to ride as far as we can reasonably go.

He's going to do a recce in the next month or two, and then decide on a route.

Looks like there may be a bit of interest, so I'll post it as a forum ride nearer the time.

Excellent guess, I've just done a quick route plan and it was 39 miles from centre of Beverley to the coastguard station

Top Bottom