Humorous nicknames.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
We have Ray the Racist down the pub. He's called Ray, and he's a bit of a racist plonker. Not the most imaginative moniker, bit there you go.

slowwww

Veteran
Used to work with a Manager named Rob who was over-bearing, patronising and just generally rude to all the staff, and consequently was known as TCR.

One day Rob overheard a junior referring to him as TCR, and immediately demanded to know what it stood for. With remarkable speed of thought the junior came up with 'Total Control Rob', and after the initial surprise Rob, predictably, rather liked that.

He would have been less delighted if he knew it actually stood for 'That C**t Rob'!!

Last edited:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
There was a bloke down the pub that kept calling me Dave (not my name). Tired of this, I started calling him Trigger - which stuck but, as he had never seen "Only Fools & Horses", he did not get it.

My neighbor has called me Mike (also not my name) for some time now. So long in fact, that it would be impolite to correct him, this late in the game.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
At an engineering works I know, the storeman's name was Mike. He got a new assistant, also called Mike but to avoid confusion he was called Not Mike. When Mike retired, Not Mike was promoted but kept the name. His new assistant was a woman who was christened Mike, thus keeping the tradition going.

Drago

Legendary Member
In the book The Choirboys, there are 2 married coppers. To tell them apart in conversation they are nicknamed Balls and No-Balls.

graham56

Guru
We had Winchester, who had a nasty habit of repeating the last few words you had spoken.
Also Schindler who always had a to do list of some sort.

Top Bottom