Humorous nicknames.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
When I worked at Liverpool docks in the 60s one of the foremen was called 'the balloon' cos he was always saying "now don't let me down lads"

Another one from the docks, although I don't know if this one was genuine (as at least 50% of the others on here :smile: )......a guy called 'hook & eye' cos he always asking "who can I borrow off".

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
We had a bloke at work we called "Russ Abbott" - you always had to repeat what you had told him ("Wassa butt?")

Another called "Teflon" - because nothing stuck

Another called Richard Cranium - shorten it and you'd get why - he didn't BTW

subaqua

What’s the point
A work colleague who is 6ft 5 and a bit thick - Dim Lighthouse. tall and not very bright...

another with a stupid triangular shaped beard - Fanny Face

I was called Igor in college- tall rather well built but lumbering ..

simon.r

Person
There was once a portly bloke where I worked in Liverpool, who lived in nearby Ormskirk, who was known for being somewhat aloof and abrupt on occasions. He became known as BIFFO, acronym for Big Ignorant Fat F***** from Ormskirk.

I was about to post something very similar, but about someone from Oldbury.

Tim Hall

Another one from the docks, although I don't know if this one was genuine (as at least 50% of the others on here :smile: )......a guy called 'hook & eye' cos he always asking "who can I borrow off".
I'm led to understand that the late Ian Kilminster acquired his nickname in similar circumstances.

A few years ago whilst working on a team who were away from home weeknights i used to take my Sony PS2 to whatever hotel we were all in and set it up I'm my room so that we could get together in my room for snacks and shoot-em-up gaming.

One evening a new colleague came along and had way more than his fair share of the cheesey wotsits, played one game on the PlayStation, declared himself bored and retired.

He was forever known as Panda because (wait for it), he eats, shoots and leaves.

gbb

Legendary Member
Keith, handyman at a former employers, had an unfortunate habit of bullsh1tting non stop (it never ceases to amaze me guys like this don't realise EVERYONE knows they're doing it)...shame because he was a nice fella otherwise.
He became known as IBM.....AKA the incredible bullsh1tting man :laugh:...its quite funny to have a colleague walk in and ask if anyone knows where IBM is ?
One other guy used to call him Billy. When asked why, he replied Billy LIAR :angry:

Top Bottom