Hunt wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
Does anyone on the forums have a set? If so thoughts on them please?

My Team Vision 35’s are getting a little tired they have a little more life in them but having a replacement ready is in the cards.

I was looking at the rim break 31 deep 24 wide wheels from Hunt.

I’m a little concerned about the wide, how do I know they will fit? And my preferred tyres are the P-Zero Velo, they have given me no grief to date.

I’m running 105 7000 callipers and the Visions are 35 deep and 22 wide.

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I have no direct experience, but my impression is that were I looking for wheels I'd be paying something of a premium for the Hunt brand.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
A lot of people have bought from Hunt. They have done very well indeed sales-wise. I have friends and acquaintances who've needed multiple replacement wheelsets from them (!), problems like broken spokes or cracked rims multiple times…and others, like me, for whom they have been no trouble whatsoever. Had the Mason x Hunt 4 Seasons Discs on my Litespeed since it was built up in October 2015. Freehub needed a service after it started making clunking noises on my IOW ride in May 2017. That has been it, otherwise faultless.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
ah ok cheers, I mean there is always issues, it’s how you deal with them if the customer service is good then I can forgive that to a degree.

Also I would be looking more at the entry level wheels not the crazy expensive ones.

The Visions are nice, but heavy, I mean I could just stick with what I know and find some of those.

The Hunts looked nice and it’s a local brand to me.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Very pleased with my new alloy Hunt wheels and the delivery and service. I emailed to ask their advice and received a phone call from the father of one of the business partners asking my age, weight and kind of riding and recommending some wheels that were well below my budget.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Very pleased with my new alloy Hunt wheels and the delivery and service. I emailed to ask their advice and received a phone call from the father of one of the business partners asking my age, weight and kind of riding and recommending some wheels that were well below my budget.

If you don’t mind me asking which ones did you go for Globalti?

I was looking at the Race aero wide wheelset 31, 24, I’m still looking but these have been a consideration for a while, I still need to save a little before I make the plunge within the next few months.

I have liked the look of them since I helped a cyclist who had crashed, he had some of the alloy ones and I liked the style, I’m not a fan of the wheels plastered in decals.

YellowV2

Veteran
Hunt wheels are a very successful branding of Chinese wheels which can be bought direct from China! They have very good marketing but they don’t make them. I would buy hand built from someone like Cycleclinic or Wheelsmith etc. I personally have three sets built by Malcom at Cycleclinic and thoroughly recommend him.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Hunt wheels are a very successful branding of Chinese wheels which can be bought direct from China! They have very good marketing but they don’t make them. I would buy hand built from someone like Cycleclinic or Wheelsmith etc. I personally have three sets built by Malcom at Cycleclinic and thoroughly recommend him.

I like the look of the Borg31 on Cycleclinic and things like serviceable hubs are important to me as the Visions I have are cup and cone which I’m told aren’t really serviceable.

My main question on the Borg would be, are they fine with tubed tyres, I’m not a tubeless convert, I would want to use P-Zero folders or Clinchers.

YellowV2

Veteran
British company that doesn't make the product here..well fook me:laugh:

Brilliant wheels as far as I'm concerned, excellent customer service, honest delivery statement.
I’m sure they may be although from what I read plenty may disagree. What is for sure is they are a marketing masterpiece and overpriced IMO.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I’m sure they may be although from what I read plenty may disagree. What is for sure is they are a marketing masterpiece and overpriced IMO.

£330 for trail wide etched wheels that are light is fine by me.

Yo get trouble with all brands afaik ..DT swiss I found to be pretty crap..mostly bearing issue

Top Bottom