Hunted - TV series

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I’m being forced to watch it. What a load of bill hooks.
If it was this easy no one would ever skip bail.
The hunters appear to have immediate access to data and CCTV that in practice would take weeks to obtain.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I love the show, mainly to say "oh no, don't use your credit card you numpty". It's just an entertainment show, not designed to replicate reality. We spend ages discussing our own evasion tactics and N junior has applied to be on the show

classic33

Leg End Member
It does show how much information we give away each day though. Often without thinking about it.

Agree about the speed of access to such information though. It's speeded up for the programme. No withdrawal limit, I'd have it out in one go. Cash being harder to track.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The production team have no Access to ANPR systems, CCTV or banking systems.
so it’s just totally made up. the producers just provide information to make the TV show.

bruce1530

Guru
It’s a game show, so is just as real as any game show:-)

“Here’s the plan. You’ve got to go and hide, and nobody will know where you are. Apart from our TV crew who are filming you”

classic33

Leg End Member
The production team have no Access to ANPR systems, CCTV or banking systems.
so it’s just totally made up. the producers just provide information to make the TV show.
The £100? supplied by the program to each pair is on an account set up for the show. In the same way you can keep an eye on your account, they can.

Other than that, I can't see one bank giving information out to another individual not named on the account.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Somebody (cannot remember author’s name) wrote a book a few years ago where he tried to get from Central London ( I think) to the end of Southend Pier without appearing on cctv. He managed it mostly but was defeated at the end as Southend Pier had cctv at the very end. Quite an entertaining book really.

Somebody (cannot remember author’s name) wrote a book a few years ago where he tried to get from Central London ( I think) to the end of Southend Pier without appearing on cctv. He managed it mostly but was defeated at the end as Southend Pier had cctv at the very end. Quite an entertaining book really.
Is this the modern version of getting to your club in Picadilly without traveling on a road

irw

Quadricyclist
I actually very much enjoyed the first couple of series, which I watched online a few months ago after reading about it on here. After series 2 though, both the contestants and the hunters seemed to be playing much more to the camera/audience, and it got very predictable/boring.

AndyRM

XOXO
I actually very much enjoyed the first couple of series, which I watched online a few months ago after reading about it on here. After series 2 though, both the contestants and the hunters seemed to be playing much more to the camera/audience, and it got very predictable/boring.

This. Always seems to happen with these sorts of shows. I quite liked the first few series of Big Brother, when it was genuinely a social experiment, then it went all 'who can be the most outrageous' and I gave up.

It would be pretty simple to live off grid if you had a bike.
There are routes in and out of most big cities that avoid cctv. I believe one such method was employed by nuclear terrorists in London to evade Ross Kemp in an episode of Ultimate Force but our brave lads in The Regiment cannot be outfoxed so easily.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Being hunted you do not need a permanent roof and getting food is simple. Try finding a Transcontinental Race rider without a tracker. Ride only at night. You can be 200km away overnight. Its easy to go under the radar unless rules are in place to prevent you. I know places I can turn up and work, get accomodation and be fed. No paperwork, no questions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom