Hybrid bike with Di2 shifters?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Faratid

I seem to be having one of my stupidity attacks this morning, and can't find what I'm looking for on t'internet.
After a lifetime of racing (on & off road), touring, and mostly training :laugh: , my increasingly arthritic joints will no longer tolerate riding a road racing bike for very long. Last year I bought a Specialized Sirrus Elite Carbon hybrid bike, which is superb, and almost as fast as my Di2 equipped carbon road racing bike, but more comfortable.
But, my hands need Di2. I'm going to look into putting straight bars on the racing bike and slightly raising them and shortening the reach compared with what I've got now, but am worried about how this might affect geometry and handling. I'm also looking into converting the hybrid to Di2. It already has internal cable routing which might help.
I'm also interested in finding a high end hybrid with Di2, or even a mountain bike with Di2. I know there are mtbs sold with XT/XTR Di2 shifters, but can't find one anywhere???
So, convert the racing bike, the hybrid, or buy a new hybrid or mtb with Di2 if I can find such a thing?

vickster

Legendary Member

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You could retro fit XT DI2 to a hybrid. Will be costly though, but not £3.5k. Shifter, mech(s) and cables/battery

Also be wary about 'speeds' as 12 speed will mean changing of wheels/chainset.

OP
OP
F

Faratid

That's a great bike, and wireless too, very cool.
I thought it might be just the job, but unfortunately the frame geometry isn't right for me. Basically, I need to sit up a bit straighter, and have the bars a bit nearer. The measurements that are vital for me are Stack and Reach. On the canyon, the figures indicate a geometry that's a bit lower and more stretched out even than my drop bar racer, and considerably more so than my hybrid. I think converting the hybrid to Di2 will be the way to go, although I'd be tempted to buy another hybrid already Di2 equipped if I could find such a thing.

OP
OP
F

Faratid

Next month I'll be having a long chat with my LBS re converting the Specialized to Di2. This will be an "end of life/that'll see me out" purchase, so no expense spared. I was very impressed with @vickster recommendation, but like I said, the geometry is even more extreme than my dropped bar road bike, and I really need a slightly shorter and upright position.
Just thought I'd check in and see if there are any other flat handlebar Di2 bikes that I've missed in my searches this morning? It's so frustrating that I remember seeing a version of my hybrid (Specialized Sirrus Elite Carbon) on a US site that was equipped with Di2, but can't find it now.

My cardio-vascular system is willing and able, my joints not so :sad:

Top Bottom