Hybrid bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, or anything similar
the Stitch is over £400, available here in xl
https://www.millets.co.uk/activities/325459-stitch.html

which outlets can you use for c2w?

are you comfortable buying used?
to be honest, any bike will get you 5km to work in well under 30 minutes

hs84

Thanks for pointing out! It was out of stock for a while - looks like they are starting to get stock back.

There are a few retailers included in c2w but Halfords is not one of them. Evans, Decathlon, Go Outdoors, etc are included (link below):
https://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/retailers/

Not comfortable buying second hand as many of the bikes i inquired about were either stolen or the seller stopped responding as soon as i asked for the frame ID. There is a risk i may be sold something with a fault which i wouldn't be able to pick up. Prices for second hand bikes are also quite high at the moment.

vickster

Legendary Member
True, just £300 is quite a low budget for new (esp at Evans). Are you in a hurry although no one wants to miss the nice weather
Go outdoors went into administration so not sure what stock they’ll get now

hs84

True, just £300 is quite a low budget for new (esp at Evans). Are you in a hurry although no one wants to miss the nice weather
Go outdoors went into administration so not sure what stock they’ll get now
I know they are getting more stock at the end of August according to the Calibre website.
I’d prefer to get a bike ASAP like you said ... get riding in the good weather.

one thing I was interested in was whether I’d be able to fit thicker tyres on the Stitch. Is there any way I can check this?
I’ve read somewhere that thicker tyres with lower pressure with somewhat give the suspension effect.

vickster

Legendary Member
I know they are getting more stock at the end of August according to the Calibre website.
I’d prefer to get a bike ASAP like you said ... get riding in the good weather.

one thing I was interested in was whether I’d be able to fit thicker tyres on the Stitch. Is there any way I can check this?
I’ve read somewhere that thicker tyres with lower pressure with somewhat give the suspension effect.
They do, it depends on rims and frame clearance, especially as you’ll probably want mudguards on a commuter. Can you email the manufacturer/retailer? It comes with 32mm tyres, that‘s fatter than any of my bikes, more than adequate on roads and paths, although you’ll probably be able to fit 35s if you want

note this from the website...when you know when it’ll arrive, book it into your local bike shop (expect to pay £30-50)

IF YOU BUY A BOXED BICYCLE FROM CALIBRE OR GO OUTDOORS IT MUST BE ASSEMBLED BY A QUALIFIED BICYCLE MECHANIC FOR THE WARRANTY TO BE VALID.

Last edited:

hs84

They do, it depends on rims and frame clearance, especially as you’ll probably want mudguards on a commuter. Can you email the manufacturer/retailer? It comes with 32mm tyres, that‘s fatter than any of my bikes, more than adequate on roads and paths, although you’ll probably be able to fit 35s if you want

note this from the website...when you know when it’ll arrive, book it into your local bike shop (expect to pay £30-50)

IF YOU BUY A BOXED BICYCLE FROM CALIBRE OR GO OUTDOORS IT MUST BE ASSEMBLED BY A QUALIFIED BICYCLE MECHANIC FOR THE WARRANTY TO BE VALID.

Thanks for your help all! Just picked up the Calibre stitch today following advice on here. Pleased with it so far.

Attachments

• 2742C5AF-9179-4BA4-9CB9-597FB42467D7.jpeg
    2742C5AF-9179-4BA4-9CB9-597FB42467D7.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 19

hs84

hs84

Did they get more sizes in?
Doesn’t seem so - this was a lucky attempt. I have been calling all of their stores around the country over the past couple of weeks and only one store had it in stock in my size.
I think there is an XL in stock at their Harlow store if you’re interested.

vickster

Legendary Member
Doesn’t seem so - this was a lucky attempt. I have been calling all of their stores around the country over the past couple of weeks and only one store had it in stock in my size.
I think there is an XL in stock at their Harlow store if you’re interested.
What size did you need?
XL too big for me and I’ve enough bikes (indeed I had a lockdown sale and have sold the only flatbar bike I had).
There’s no Go Outdoors anywhere around here either

hs84

What size did you need?
XL too big for me and I’ve enough bikes (indeed I had a lockdown sale and have sold the only flatbar bike I had).
There’s no Go Outdoors anywhere around here either
I needed a medium and was very lucky to find one

Top Bottom