I am a vegetarian!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rusky

CC Addict
People having a dig at me about being a veggie doesn't bother me - unless it's the FiL!

One thing that really gets on my nerves is a "vegetarian" saying 'I'm vegetarian but I eat fish'

rusky said:
People having a dig at me about being a veggie doesn't bother me - unless it's the FiL!

One thing that really gets on my nerves is a "vegetarian" saying 'I'm vegetarian but I eat fish'

I thought eggs and fish were ok? I know vegans do not eat them.

My daughter is making a concerted effort to become vegetarian which is ok other than I am worried she will not get the right amount of protein in her diet while she is still growing. Pulses are 'orrible.

rusky

CC Addict
Vegetarianism is the practice of following a plant-based diet including fruits, vegetables, cereal grains, nuts, and seeds, with or without dairy products and eggs.

A vegetarian does not eat meat, including: red meat, game, poultry, fish, crustacea, shellfish, and products of animal slaughter such as animal-derived gelatin and rennet.

There are a number of vegetarian diets.

A lacto-vegetarian diet includes dairy products but excludes eggs, an ovo-vegetarian diet includes eggs but not dairy products, and a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet includes both eggs and dairy products.

A vegan diet excludes all animal products, such as dairy products, eggs, and usually honey. Many vegans also seek to avoid using any other animal-derived products, such as clothing and cosmetics.

HTH :smile::hungry:

Catrike, I have been a veggie all my life & I haven't sufferedxx(

rusky said:
Vegetarianism is the practice of following a plant-based diet including fruits, vegetables, cereal grains, nuts, and seeds, with or without dairy products and eggs.

A vegetarian does not eat meat, including: red meat, game, poultry, fish, crustacea, shellfish, and products of animal slaughter such as animal-derived gelatin and rennet.

There are a number of vegetarian diets.

A lacto-vegetarian diet includes dairy products but excludes eggs, an ovo-vegetarian diet includes eggs but not dairy products, and a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet includes both eggs and dairy products.

A vegan diet excludes all animal products, such as dairy products, eggs, and usually honey. Many vegans also seek to avoid using any other animal-derived products, such as clothing and cosmetics.

HTH :rofl::hungry:

Catrike, I have been a veggie all my life & I haven't sufferedxx(

That's a matter of opinion. :rofl:

Seriously though, she isn't going veggie out of some moral compunction but rather because she does not like the texture or taste of meat in general, I make a mean omelette and she does not need asking twice if I offer her one, likewise she will often ask for chilli although with no kidney beans (texture again), I make sure that when we eat out that there are vegetarian options at places we go, maybe she will grow out of it or maybe she will get more into it, as a parent I want what is best for her while supporting her right to make her own decisions, it's a balancing act.

As to the comments by the ill informed, the OP objected to eating flies on the grounds of his vegetarianism, I eat meat and object to eating flies as well, but the thread was good humoured until approached by the inane.

Top Bottom