I am back!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevec047

Über Member
I have been away from the forum for a while due to work family and moving house but the cycling has been a constant part of life.

So last time I was on here I was riding my trusty Carrea road bike. Well things have changed a bit now. I now own a beautiful Ribble Sportive Carbon which I love its so fast and responsive and already has over 700miles on it since I got it in October even though it had been sat in the shed until the weather got better.

On top of that I have also gone to the darkside and only gone and got myself a second hand Specialized Rockhopper which has already seen action at Chicksands and Danbury.

I have also lost over a stone and down to my lightest since I was at highschool.

In a much better place mentally and physically now and loving cycling.
IMG_20190121_184717_335.jpg
IMG_20190514_211549_810.jpg
IMG_20190402_140533_956.jpg
IMG_20190221_192211_407.jpg

tom73

Guru
Welcome back
Ribble sportive you’ve got it in one. Love mine too

Globalti

Legendary Member
Good to read about your return to cycling even though mountain bikers usually talk about road cycling as The Dark Side!

Where's the dual-carriageway? It looks new and not worn out like the rest of our roads.

vickster

Legendary Member
Good to read about your return to cycling even though mountain bikers usually talk about road cycling as The Dark Side!

Where's the dual-carriageway? It looks new and not worn out like the rest of our roads.
He’s in Chelmsford Essex so maybe close to there?

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
That dual carriageway is the A131 and I've rode on it recently.
Bigger balls than me then lol. I used to live in the village backing onto the duel carrigeway and the speed some people used to come up there was mental.

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
My first road bike was the very same Carerra Virtuoso Ltd! Lovely little bike it was!

Please you are enjoying your cycling!
Oh the Carerra is still getting used and abused as a winter bike now. Still love it and toying with the idea of a full overhaul and repaint soon.

Bigger balls than me then lol. I used to live in the village backing onto the duel carrigeway and the speed some people used to come up there was mental.
Wasn't by choice believe me.
I came through great leighs and it was chucking it down and i had to get back to brentwood so i aimed to go down the A131 and then through great waltham,writtle and through the back roads to blackmore and eventually brentwood.

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
Wasn't by choice believe me.
I came through great leighs and it was chucking it down and i had to get back to brentwood so i aimed to go down the A131 and then through great waltham,writtle and through the back roads to blackmore and eventually brentwood.
Oh never nice when that far from home. To be honest I have done that before jumping on to a faster more direct route.

Top Bottom