I am back!!

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Stevec047, 17 May 2019.

1. Stevec047

Stevec047 Über Member

I have been away from the forum for a while due to work family and moving house but the cycling has been a constant part of life.

So last time I was on here I was riding my trusty Carrea road bike. Well things have changed a bit now. I now own a beautiful Ribble Sportive Carbon which I love its so fast and responsive and already has over 700miles on it since I got it in October even though it had been sat in the shed until the weather got better.

On top of that I have also gone to the darkside and only gone and got myself a second hand Specialized Rockhopper which has already seen action at Chicksands and Danbury.

I have also lost over a stone and down to my lightest since I was at highschool.

In a much better place mentally and physically now and loving cycling. IMG_20190121_184717_335.jpg IMG_20190514_211549_810.jpg IMG_20190402_140533_956.jpg IMG_20190221_192211_407.jpg

JhnBssll, TigerT, nickyboy and 21 others like this.
  2. tom73

tom73 Über Member

Welcome back
    Ribble sportive you’ve got it in one. Love mine too

Stevec047 likes this.
  3. Joffey

Joffey Über Member

My first road bike was the very same Carerra Virtuoso Ltd! Lovely little bike it was!

Please you are enjoying your cycling!

Stevec047 likes this.
  4. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Good to read about your return to cycling even though mountain bikers usually talk about road cycling as The Dark Side!

Where's the dual-carriageway? It looks new and not worn out like the rest of our roads.

Stevec047 likes this.
  5. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

He’s in Chelmsford Essex so maybe close to there?

Stevec047 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Stevec047

Stevec047 Über Member

Its near Great Leighs just outside Chelmsford. Nice stretch or road that a few braver cyclist use to tt on including a couple of pros.

7. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

8. The Central Scrutinizer

The Central Scrutinizer Veteran

That dual carriageway is the A131 and I've rode on it recently.

9. OP
    OP
    Stevec047

Stevec047 Über Member

Bigger balls than me then lol. I used to live in the village backing onto the duel carrigeway and the speed some people used to come up there was mental.

10. OP
    OP
    Stevec047

Stevec047 Über Member

Oh the Carerra is still getting used and abused as a winter bike now. Still love it and toying with the idea of a full overhaul and repaint soon.

11. The Central Scrutinizer

The Central Scrutinizer Veteran

Wasn't by choice believe me.
    I came through great leighs and it was chucking it down and i had to get back to brentwood so i aimed to go down the A131 and then through great waltham,writtle and through the back roads to blackmore and eventually brentwood.

Stevec047 likes this.
  12. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Good to see you back. Can you go again now?
    ;-)

Stevec047 likes this.
  13. OP
    OP
    Stevec047

Stevec047 Über Member

Oh never nice when that far from home. To be honest I have done that before jumping on to a faster more direct route.

14. OP
    OP
    Stevec047

Stevec047 Über Member

Hahah yeah I will close the door behind me as we :laugh:

Fab Foodie likes this.
  15. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

^_^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice