I am getting sick of this now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Just the amount of incidents that I have is just diabolical.

Recently I have had an Irish car cut me up at some lights and then the passenger kept giving me the finger when they passed.
A car overtook me extremely closely and complained about me being in the middle of the road at a pinch point (I had moved back into secondary to allow him to pass).
And then last night I had a taxi beep me and tell me to get in the door zone, and another car cut me up at a corner and quote the highway code.

I am really getting sick of this and I thought that the good weather would bring out good drivers. Clearly not.

I think I am now going to start heading into the hills to try to get away from these crazy people for a bit. I am just up to my neck in stress with it all at the moment.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I've also had a week and a half of terrible driving incidents. It's by far the worst run I've yet seen. I'm not stressed about it, but I'm spending far far too much time editing videos and uploading them.

It's not just us two either, lots of people are uploading far too many incidents. Check out this one where an HGV driver tries to teach a cyclist a lesson:
http://www.triblogs.com/blog/charlieelise/?pid=2042

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Matt, google 'meditation'. It'll teach you a valuable lesson. How to recognise that you're angry - then how to let it go and concentrate on what's happening now! :thumbsup:

Check out this one where an HGV driver tries to teach a cyclist a lesson:
http://www.triblogs.com/blog/charlieelise/?pid=2042

And there's a big part of this problem, motorists who think that they can 'teach cyclists a lesson' by driving too close/clipping them, whilst conveniently forgetting that their tiny brain is steering upwards of nearly a ton of fabricated components travelling significantly faster than the lightweight and extremely-susceptible-to-vehicular-damage cyclist they are attempting to 'educate'. THey haven't got time to wait behind you, mind, but do have the time to act the idiot!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I think I am now going to start heading into the hills to try to get away from these crazy people for a bit. I am just up to my neck in stress with it all at the moment.

Maybe cycle commuting is not for you Matthew. You might want to try the relative safety of public transport or even, buy your own car?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Matthew isn't actually commuting, and it's a nice part of the country to cycle. Like I said, don't ride through Rhyl - like any small town - conjested.

Chill and best not have any conversations with motorists, you can't reason with an idiot.

A simple "F Off" works ! At least you didn't get a stolen car driven at you yesterday in a police chase, on the wrong side of the road ^_^

Don't get worked up, bad driving everywhere, just shake your head and carry on to enjoy your ride.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
I must be doing something wrong as in over 15 years of average 4 day commute x approx 14 miles per day, I can count on 1 hand the number of incidents. Is north wales that dangerous?

Whassa Irish car BTW??

Sandra6

Veteran
I go through phases of having loads of incidents, then weeks of stress -idiot!- free cycling.
This past couple of weeks has been mostly good.
I've also listened to good advice from others here and don't get quite so het up about it all now.
Helps that I get to moan about it on here.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Fellow cyclists are always moaning about motorists but I've not had any issues in over 5 years of daily commuting.

Perhaps I cycle in a nice part of the country; maybe it's because of the way I ride; perhaps I don't view every driver error as intended manslaughter. Perhaps...I'm just lucky.:smile:

Ride safely comrades.

Fellow cyclists are always moaning about motorists but I've not had any issues in over 5 years of daily commuting.

Perhaps I cycle in a nice part of the country; maybe it's because of the way I ride; perhaps I don't view every driver error as intended manslaughter. Perhaps...I'm just lucky.:smile:

Ride safely comrades.
Are you big and look like Mr-T? I think a driver would probably give you room for fear of damage to their car. ;-)

Top Bottom